Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2001 10:28:57 AM EDT
hey guys-

any body own the semi auto m1919a4 or a6 varients?  how are they?  are they worth it?  308 or 30-06?

thanks in advance as always
steve
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
there's gotta be one of us who have one of these dogs....
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Try this guys.  Deal on 1919a4.com.  Rapidfire in Troy, OH has them for $1350.

http://www.1919a4.com/
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Steve -

I have two 1919's but they're both full auto.  If you're thinking of a semi, I'd say go for it. They can be had for about $1500 and even though they don't shoot quite as fast as a full auto one, you can still burn through a belt pretty fast. Additionally, they are sturdy as hell.  I've seen guys shoot them until the barrel turns bright cherry red.  Granted, those were full auto, but nonetheles, it gives you an idea of the abuse these guns (1919's in general) can withstand.  They can be easily converted between .308, 30-06, and 8mm, so you can look for cheap ammo in any one of three calibers if you get the full set up.  There's all sorts of bipods, tripods, and pedestal mounts available.  Get a decent tripod with a T&E, and you can just dial it into your target.

And besides, they make liberals foam at the mouth and go into seizures.  What more can you ask for?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Steve, I don't own one but my best friend just bought a full auto A4 and it kick @ss! We got it to fire single shots and they were on the money at 300 yds. We were limited on ammo that day. I think a semi 1919 would still be a heavy hitter to own. I didn't like the A6 kit that came with his. It was not all that impressive but it depends on how you want to shoot the thing.

I would go with Rapid fire on there deal. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
My .02 worth.
Greg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top