Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2001 5:40:20 AM EDT
I think I'm wasting my time, 'cause nobody here seems to care, but here's more on the facts behind the Idaho Standoff.  This is being reported by Don Harkins, a personal friend of mine, editor of the Idaho Obsesrver.  Frankly, I believe him.  The county has been trying to steal the land and the county prosecutor has perjured himself to do so.

You can read it here: [url]http://www.bowmansbrigade.com/information/mcGuckinstory.htm[/url]

Earlier post here:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=27198[/url]

Lot's more on my articles page: [url]http://www.bowmansbrigade.com/information/articles.htm[/url]

Once our land is gone and stolen from us, all the guns in the world aren't going to be much good.  Property rights and property ownership are directly linked to freedom.  Without property, we are nothing but serfs.

You should read the discussion here if you give a damn and follow up on this Conservation and Reinvestment Act (HR 701) hearing.  This thing passes you can kiss property rights goodbye:
[url]http://www.scfirearms.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=020849[/url]

Imbroglio - I wish to hell there was a reset button.  It's about time we pushed it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I care.  Some of us see it for what it is.

We probably should have shown up with 60 gun owners and pulled those kids out.  I here that threat was made to the local sheriff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The commies have done their job well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I care, those kids should be with their mother, and never be separated or put into a foster home. If they are experiencing problems why doesn't the county try to help them, instead of stealing their land? They need a high profile attorney to get justice, not some country bumpkin.  Jerry Spence, out of I believe Jackson Hole Wyoming, would be a good one to contact.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I care.  Some of us see it for what it is.

We probably should have shown up with 60 gun owners and pulled those kids out.  I here that threat was made to the local sheriff.
View Quote

I guess the apathy has spread, even to Idaho. I guess I'll have to scout out another future home.

Maybe it's not apathy though. The media does a great job of parroting whatever they are told by the "officials" these days. From outside, looking in, this looked like a situation being handled in a very reasonable manner, given the so called "facts" that were reported by the main stream. How would one go about raising an army of sixty to go rescue kids that were already being "rescued" by the sherrif?
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#5]
that's the problem.  We look like right wing kooks to say anything contrary to the mainstream media.

Read the article at [url]http://www.zolatimes.com/V3.39/gun_problem.htm[/url], it speaks to this issue.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#6]
its true that a lot of people don't care but i care more than you think! this nation is being
bought and stolen from us every day! but what can i do? sit back and take it! you do not pay hte Gov there property tax they will come and confiscate every fucking thing we own.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:31:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Made me sick to see choppers flying around with cameras. Then the swat boys walking around with M16's trying to impress everyone one how they were going to save these kids. Are M16's necessary for 5 young children? Looked to me like our government was trying to show all of us how they were going to do what is best for us. Just because the kids didn't have 100.00 Nike shoes, brand name clothes, all kinds of Nintendo shit and a junk food store a block away does not mean they were neglected. Also the $100,000. bond on their mother, ridiculous. If they really cared they would have taken them food, clothing and whatever else they needed like maybe someone to help out with the kids after dad died until the mother got on her feet again. But oh no, we have to get social services and a few M16's to help them out. Our government really looks after us.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Why is it so hard to get simple facts.  I've watched CBS, FOX News, and CNN over the past few days.  All three disagree on simple facts concerning this case.  As usual, FOX News spouts the most misinformation.  Even 12 hours after the oldest son was in custody, FOX News said the police had to be careful, because the oldest son was in the house, armed, and had threatened the police.  That's a nice trick, being in two places at once.

The rant by Don Harkins is even worse.  He claims the family was attacked with "sophisticated technologies that to most people are the stuff of science fiction."  And, he claimed the kids were going to be vaccinated which is the "introduction of toxic substances directly into their blood streams."  The state will give the children junk food that will cause "psychological equanimnity (sic)."  Could we please get facts and not your paranoid rants?  Was this guy wearing a tin hat while writing this?

Is there any news source that presents facts?

Way offtopic rant:  I've always thought reporters should have to learn how to program.  It would teach them vital skills.  One being that if you don't get the syntax (the grammar) just right, then the program won't compile.  I've seen way too many reporters that are fast and lose with their sentence structure.  Secondly, if you don't get the semantics (the meaning) right, then the program probably won't do what you want it to do.  For example, the local evening news recently described an attacker as having a full-automatic bolt-action rifle.  Programming teaches you that if you don't know what something means, then leave it out.  Thirdly, programming also teaches you how to sequence events.  In other words, one thing happens after another.  My wife had a cooking show on the local news for several years, and did some editing of news stories.  The main problem I saw was that the reporters simply didn't care about facts or the order in which they were presented.  Example, a coworker of mine fired a gun at a robber.  This was after he was hit in the head with a hammer by the robber when the robber grabbed a bag containing a delivery of a bag of change to the soda shop.  A cut and dried case of self-defense.  The evening news said that the robber hit my friend after the robber was shot.  They made it look like the robber used the hammer in self-defense.  It wasn't intentional.  The reporters simply had no sense of sequence.  That's were programming would help them.  I've sent a pretty serious anti-media bias here.  Some of it is deserved, but much of it is because these guys simply don't understand logic, critical thinking, cause/effect, or the English language.  I want to find a reporter/news source/news editor that does understand these things.

Sorry for the rant.
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I care.  It is good that the truth did come out and the investigation starts.  I hope for the best for the children.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top