Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 8:24:32 AM EDT
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

GREEN BAY, Wis. (Sept. 14) - A man threw his fiancee's 8-month-old daughter out of a car as he fled police after being accused of domestic violence, authorities said. The girl, strapped in a carseat, was unhurt but the man later was fatally injured in a crash.

Dana Bettin, 23, died Sunday, three days after the dramatic highway chase that ended when he crashed his fiancee's car into an unoccupied squad car.

At one point, he slowed down, opened the car door and dropped the baby in the car seat onto the highway, sending it tumbling toward the middle of the roadway.

"As the baby was flying toward me I noticed that she was crying very hard and looked scared," Wisconsin State Patrol Sgt. David Catalano said Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show, which aired video of the incident.

"Fortunately she was seat-belted into the child seat so that as it slid forward on the highway and then rolled over she escaped without any injuries," he said.

Sheriff's Sgt. Dan Pamenter told The Post-Crescent in Appleton that the man at first tried to put the baby out of the car on the shoulder, but the door car was in his way. He eventually pulled back into traffic and pushed the baby out as he was accelerating.

"His car was jerking back and forth," Pamenter said. "I didn't know what he was doing. He seemed to care for the baby."

"I was pretty certain he wasnt going to stop until he crashed," Pamenter said.

The chase continued at speeds up to 100 mph.

The pursuit ended on U.S. 41 when Bettin had a minor collision with a vehicle and then crashed into an unoccupied squad car. The car he was driving rolled over and he was pinned underneath. He died at a hospital in Green Bay.

Catalano spoke to the baby's mother on Monday and said the girl is going fine.

"Her mother is very devastated about everything right now," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's very upset."

WTF is wrong with these people? At least the kid was no longer in the car when this asshat TAed

echo6

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It's the cheese.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd rather he lived to die in prison!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

no way, I'd rather spend my tax dollars elsewhere
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Fuck that, I'm glad he didn't live to die in prison so I don't have to pay for his ass to sit in prison, be fed in prison and have better health care in prison than I have not being in prison.

Fuck that POS I'm glad he took himself(and only himself) out of the pool.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no way, I'd rather spend my tax dollars elsewhere

I meant, I'm sure the other prisoners would make short work of him for harming a baby.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Just saw the video on MSNBC. Hey, at least the turd slowed down to drop the kid. When I saw it I yelled at the TV "SHOOT THE ASSHOLE!".

Oh well, he did the job for us.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope he was in a lot of pain for those last days.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Fixed it.

GREEN BAY, Wisconsin (AP) -- A man, armed with an assault weapon, dropped his fiancee's 8-month-old daughter out of a car as he fled police after being accused of domestic violence using an assault rifle, authorities said.

The girl, strapped in a carseat, was unhurt but the man, carrying a semiautomatic uzi machinegun, later was fatally injured in a crash.

Dana Bettin, 23, died Sunday, just one day after President Bush and Republicans in Congress allowed the federal assault weapon ban to expire, in a chase that ended when he crashed his fiancee's car into an unoccupied squad car.

At one point, he slowed down, opened the car door, flashed a now fully-legal TEC-9 and then dropped the baby in the car seat onto the highway, sending it tumbling toward the middle of the roadway.
"As the baby was flying toward me I noticed that she was crying very hard and looked scared, understandably so after being victimized by a madman with an assault rifle" Wisconsin State Patrol Sgt. David Catalano said Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show, which aired video of the incident.

"Fortunately, the driver did not use his assault weapon to spray bullets at the baby - who was seat-belted into the child seat so that as it slid forward on the highway and then rolled over she escaped without any injuries," he said.

Sheriff's Sgt. Dan Pamenter told The Post-Crescent in Appleton that the man at first tried to put the baby out of the car on the shoulder, but the door car and assault weapon was in his way. He eventually pulled back into traffic, armed with his assault weapon machine guns, and pushed the baby out as he was accelerating.

"His car was jerking back and forth," Pamenter said. "I didn't know what he was doing. He seemed to care for the baby, while loading his high-capacity clips into his assault rifle."

"I was pretty certain he wasnt going to stop until he crashed," Pamenter said.

The chase continued at speeds up to 100 mph.

The pursuit ended on U.S. 41 when Bettin, armed with high-powered assault weapons that are now flooding the streets because of the expiration of the federal assault weapon ban yestereday, had a minor collision with a vehicle and then crashed into an unoccupied squad car. The car he was driving rolled over and he was pinned underneath. He died at a hospital in Green Bay.

Catalano spoke to the baby's mother on Monday and said the girl is going fine.

"Her mother is very devastated about everything right now - especially the assault weapon ban expiring yesterday," he said. "It was her fiance involved and she's very upset."

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I hate when stuff like this happens in my hometown.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What are they putting in that cheese nowadays anyway?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are they putting in that cheese nowadays anyway?

Processed cheese is like hot dogs...you don't want to know what is in there. Trust me...I work in the processing equipment manufacturing field.

Just let me say my family does not eat cheese slices ( the "singles" kind) or velveeta type cheese.

This guy made me sick to my stomache by putting his child in harms way. I have a soft spot for kids...especially infants.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#12]
SOunds like a suicide. Glad he didn't try to take the baby with him.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#13]
We had an incident like this in Rochester, NY a couple of weeks ago.  The POS had an arguement with his GF about  the baby.  So, he spikes the baby, like a football on the floor.  Then punches the babies maternal grandmother as he leaves.  The baby is dead at the scene, and the fuck face is arrested later, and charged with 2nd degree homocide.  I hope something painfull, degrading, and ultimately fatal happens to him in prison!

Bilster

BTW,  I use to live across the street from where the incident took place.  It use to be a nice neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck that, I'm glad he didn't live to die in prison so I don't have to pay for his ass to sit in prison, be fed in prison and have better health care in prison than I have not being in prison.

+ fuckin 1 !!!      
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#15]
WHo the hell does that?

WHO does this kind of thing?

I'm so glad the bastard is dead.

Too bad he didn't run over Sarah Brady while he was at it, but one down isn't bad.

- BG

(Baby = innocent.... Brady = Devil)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top