Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2001 4:09:16 PM EDT
What are the restrictions or who can have access to FN's P90 or the the FiveSeven Pistol? Can civilians own such items or did I read correctly somewhere the 5.7 round is outlawed in the land of free????[smoke]

If you have a FFL can you have access to these?

Thanks,
Dan Tucker
Upstate NY
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
atf has ruled that the weapons and ammo are non-sporting and thus no civilian use is allowed.
leo only
boxer
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I read somewhere that it was because of
Armor piercing handgun ammo? and what Boxer said

I know.. I know Contenders and Encores?
But thats what I read
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The FN FiveSeven is not available to cililians. It shoots an extremely high powered, high velocity armor piercing round.

I believe the P90 was introduced after the ban's, so it never made it over here for civilian sale.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
There are a few Class-III dealer samples rolling around.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The 5-7 pistol and the P-90 sub-gun are only available to LE Agencies, and the Military, not individuals.

A complete 5.7 X 28 round comes up to about the top of the shoulder on a .223 round.

The bullet is 31 gr. steel jacketed with a front core of steel and the rest aluminum.

[center] P-90  Velocity  2300
5-7  Velocity  1975 [/center]

Both are capable of pentrating level II vests and the P-90 was designed to penetrate a level IIIA vest.

They are made in SC, and are relativley new weapons. There is no semi version of the P-90 (IIRC)
it has [red]safe/go time [/red] for the selector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top