Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, all you have to do is MOVE.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Pennsylvania is your friend!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't... Not atleast until I'm done with college. Even then, all the good (high-paying) jobs for a finance major are in NYC.

Though you can count on me buying a weekend house in the middle of nowhere as soon as I can!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, come to Orygun. Sure we have high taxes and a democrap for governor, BUT, we also have "shall issue" and class III.

NMSight
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you afford a stripped Bushy lower?
If so, I have a preban lower that I'll trade you....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can't... Not atleast until I'm done with college. Even then, all the good (high-paying) jobs for a finance major are in NYC.

That's why people commute from PA and CT...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Though you can count on me buying a weekend house in the middle of nowhere as soon as I can!

Excuse me if I don't shed any tears...If dollars are more important than freedoms you might want to realign your priorities...No offense...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's why people commute from PA and CT...

not so fast....AWB in CT too
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Andreuha, I can only solve one of your problems... www.imageshack.us/index.php

As for the other, I'm in the same boat brother.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't you worry fellas, us NYers have to stick together right!?!?!?!

When all these guys get done building their dozens plus new evil featured rifles, they'll find that 'preban' collecting dust in the back of the safe

sssssh, NYer willing to trade MT6700 lower or PWA - I'll even throw in an I Love NY bumpersticker
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Well hey, up here in connecticut i can buy a brand spanking  new 30 rounder now. wow.

Kind of ironic how Hartford, Connecticut is stamped on a fucking colt lower and I still can't own one?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd type faster but I've got cutting oil all over my hands. Don't ya' love that smell?

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29688

Did you turn that muzzle down or are you toughing it out from 0.740"
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yes, come to Orygun. Sure we have high taxes and a democrap for governor, BUT, we also have "shall issue" and class III.

NMSight

Yes We DO..
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#15]
My preban bushmaster lower is boxed and heading up to NY tomorrow.  Just find someone who will trade for a new one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
...Because I live in NY...
...Because I cannot post pics...

Come on down to Florida...everyone else in NY does...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Can you afford a stripped Bushy lower?
If so, I have a preban lower that I'll trade you....

Big kudos to the guys who are parting out their shit this way.

Take him up on the offer.
Pay both transfers, both shipping fees, and be thankful that someone is willing to go to the trouble so you can have a cool toy.

It'd do my heart good to see the ban-states get flooded with pre-b's.

We were laughing over breakfast about how gun owners were gonna bail out the economy before years end.

Get it all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'd type faster but I've got cutting oil all over my hands. Don't ya' love that smell?

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29688

I hope the items in the pic are for props. Gonna play hell threading like that. LOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:47:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Though you can count on me buying a weekend house in the middle of nowhere as soon as I can! hr

you may want to ask yourself the question then. What's more important, a high paying job or the freedom and the right to bear arms?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:23:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you may want to ask yourself the question then. What's more important, a high paying job or the freedom and the right to bear arms?

He already did answer that question. He's gonna be a slave to the almighty dollar.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Andreuha +1 .....  happy/sad day for us.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yeah so is Vermont!!! I want to get the hell out of Mass as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#25]

<----- Welcome to NY, the Sunshine State. Where the AWB NEVER Sunsets.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Guys I'm in NY too and am willing to trade a brand new Bushmaster lower for a pre-ban Bushy or Colt with the raised fencing.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Because I live in NY...
...Because I cannot post pics...

Come on down to Florida...everyone else in NY does...

I'm-a-comin'............hopefully
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah so is Vermont!!! I want to get the hell out of Mass as soon as I can.

Probably not going to make any friends here with this post, but what the heck...

What happened to stand and fight?  I live in Oregon and don't have the same woes that many do in restrictive states, but are we not a body of several states united for one cause?  Liberty and Freedom.

Yes, easier said than done, but the older I get the less flexible I become about all this stuff.  It is coming to your state far sooner than you think.  Oregon is like over flowing with Kalifornian liberals, it is just a matter of time before they get the majority and start their crap up here full throttle.  They train our children in school to vilify guns and those that have them and stand for them.  
Not trying to be a kill joy on the sunset of that useless piece of work, Lord knows I wrote many checks and talked till I was blue in the face to hundreds of the uninformed, but we need to get back some of that whcih was lost.  How about Washington state they just lost class three and all machine gun parts kits fairly recently.

AHH, hell maybe that is asking too much...

What happens when there is no place else to move?

In Liberty,

Kent  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Speaking of NY;

AO7333 is a bill to remove the grandfather clause from NYS law so all Pre-Bans will be illegal!

Cannot pass a buget on time in 20yrs with no end in sight but this will pass in a timely fashion.

I'll have to buy a house in Vermont, with all the money I make here.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#30]
*grumble grumble*

The painful part for me is that I'm in PA for the majority of the year.... but if i make a new toy, i can't bring it home.

Then again, i DO have a pre-ban lower at home... so maybe i can get away with whatever I want and just take them apart....

Hmmm... ideas....

I can see my future... and I am poor.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:25:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I know that you are posting a light-hearted thread, but a serious comment, if I may.

I will be 56 years old tomorrow, and I can tell you that as I look back on my life, I'm sure glad I didn't make a couple of big mistakes.

To decide to give up your freedom and hobbies just to have a "good (high-paying) jobs for a finance major" is the wrong decision.

Move to a free state.  Take a lower paying job, but one that will be rewarding for you.  Live within your means.  Buy guns and enjoy shooting them.

When you are buried, no one has on their marker, "I sure wish I had spent more time at the office."

Enjoy a free life.  You will have fewer regrets.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:33:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know that you are posting a light-hearted thread, but a serious comment, if I may.

I will be 56 years old tomorrow, and I can tell you that as I look back on my life, I'm sure glad I didn't make a couple of big mistakes.

To decide to give up your freedom and hobbies just to have a "good (high-paying) jobs for a finance major" is the wrong decision.

Move to a free state.  Take a lower paying job, but one that will be rewarding for you.  Live within your means.  Buy guns and enjoy shooting them.

When you are buried, no one has on their marker, "I sure wish I had spent more time at the office."

Agreed.  I'm just a simple Unix monkey but I get these!

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I HATE YOU ALL

Hate the game not the player!

Almost my entire family migrated from NY to Alaska. MUCH better laws up here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OUCH!!  The truth hurts!

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Where, Fire Island?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Come to England! Hi-Cap mags, flash Hiders, Bayonet lugs and silencers all legal!

For pictures: www.photobucket.com is excellent and free

Andy
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I made the same sort of decision at 38 yrs.  I moved from CA to AZ.  Aahh! The sweet taste of freedom.  (shopping for a can)
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top