Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 6:05:26 PM EDT
As the AWB sunset draws nearer, more people will be coming to our site.  They will be searching for answers and hopfully seeking out the truth.  Please remember that the majority of those on the site are unregistered "guests."

And some folks who are registered but don't frequent this place will immediately be drawn to arfcom as a certain source for correct answers.

Please keep this in mind when replying to the repitition of certain AWB questions.  In addition, you can be certain that those who wish to see the renewal of the AWB will view our content for their anti-gun rhetoric.  Do not allow them to leave here with anything that can be used against us.

We are all responsible gun owners and there are very many experts here.  In these final days, let us pick up on our professional attitudes.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump - I hope a few of you have read this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT

We need to be ready to spread the word. The media is filling folks heads full of shit about the Assault Weapons Ban. We need to let them in on the truth and what could happen if we are not viglent in makeing sure there is never a AWB2.

Let's take advantage of the light the media is puting on the AWB and used to let the people know the truth!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The 2nd Amendment is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed. We are ambassadors and there will be a lot of curious people coming here over the next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#4]
ive got the United States Constitution on my side, far as im concerned the antis can kiss my ass

PERIOD.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Agreed.

thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Good point.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Well said.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Agreed. We are ambassadors and there will be a lot of curious people coming here over the next couple weeks.

2 weeks ?  More like the next 6 - 8 months....

I completely agree, we should treat every guest like they were the first to ask the question....  I hate to see knowledgable ppl goof on others that only ask questions that HAVE been asked many, many times before.  It does get old but remember, they are only looking to increase their own knowledge.

If we cant be the best ambassadors of firearms, then who will ?  Thats right, anti-groups spreading their LIES....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ive got the United States Constitution on my side, far as im concerned the antis can kiss my ass

PERIOD.

And they've been wiping theirs with the Constitution.......
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't we have an AWB FAQ thread tacked up somewhere????

If not, why?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If not, why?

You know I vote that this is a GREAT IDEA and we elect someone like ETH or Macallan to write up the FACTS about the AWB and the false tales of the anti-freecom crowd... and POST AAND TACK it to the GD discussion board AS WELL as the opening page.

All those in favor? YEA or NAY?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#12]
amen!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If not, why?

You know I vote that this is a GREAT IDEA and we elect someone like ETH or Macallan to write up the FACTS about the AWB and the false tales of the anti-freecom crowd... and POST AAND TACK it to the GD discussion board AS WELL as the opening page.

All those in favor? YEA or NAY?

I vote YEA,,add a poll to this?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Another Yea here!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Plus one on the FAQ.

We're probably going to get hammered over the next few months.

Send the "new ones" over to look at the FAQ first and then deal with whatever questions they still have.  Could end up with a LOT former fence-sitters (and maybe even a few anti's) coming over to the Light Side if we do this right.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#16]
bump with poll
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#17]
One more BTT.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#18]
ABSOLUTELY

There needs to be a FAQ spot on the opening page, EASY to find and see first thing.

Pilk
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#19]
OK So who are we gonna get to author this FAQ? come up with 5 names and POLL and VOTE. So far I can think of ETH and Macallan. I WOULD say sgtar15 but one of his questions would be something like:

Q:With the AWB no longer in effect, Can I shoot cats now?
A:Why of course.... actually you could have killed them PRIOR to the ban so now you have to make up for lost time... Kill 2 a day

See what I mean?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
OK So who are we gonna get to author this FAQ? come up with 5 names and POLL and VOTE. So far I can think of ETH and Macallan. I WOULD say sgtar15 but one of his questions would be something like:

Q:With the AWB no longer in effect, Can I shoot cats now?
A:Why of course.... actually you could have killed them PRIOR to the ban so now you have to make up for lost time... Kill 2 a day

See what I mean?

The_McAllan yes, I would support his interpretations.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Ban?  Something was banned?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:55:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Bump for the morning folks.  Happy Friday.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:57:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone made a tutorial/walkthrough for installing the evil features yet?

If not, that would be super helpful.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#24]
FAQ is an excelent idea.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]
I've said for a long time that new users should have to read and electronically sign an EULA that includes a tutorial on the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Yep, start 'em off the right way!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#27]
When is the ban ending?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
When is the ban ending?

BigDozer66

Not such a stupid question. I can't tell you how many people want to know if it's over Monday or Tuesday. For the average person it's not a big difference. But FFLs are mostly waiting till Tuesday to play it safe. It would be nice to know for sure since I'm leaving town on Monday and can't transfer newly unbanned guns until I get back Friday. Would be nice to know if Monday was the day or not. And calling ATF is a waste, they won't comment until the friggin law expires. They just won't tell you when it expires!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#29]

http://flashbunny.org/content/assaultweapons.html

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#30]
AWB FAQ = Great idea!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#31]
The only reason I voted "No" is because in  about 58.5 hours, the AWB will no longer exist.  By the time the FAQ goes up, the ban will be gone.

But if we want something for people to see which explains what the AWB WAS, then that makes more sense.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The only reason I voted "No" is because in  about 58.5 hours, the AWB will no longer exist.  By the time the FAQ goes up, the ban will be gone.

But if we want something for people to see which explains what the AWB WAS, then that makes more sense.

Actually, it would still be useful.  Many folks unfamiliar with the contents of the AWB, will be curious as to what freedoms have been regained.

Very useful as a matter of fact.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I completely agree, we should treat every guest like they were the first to ask the question....  I hate to see knowledgable ppl goof on others that only ask questions that HAVE been asked many, many times before.  It does get old hey
If we cant be the best ambassadors of firearms, then who will ?  Thats right, anti-groups spreading their LIES....

Ya hit the nail on the head there. People WANT information, they will get it from anywhere they can and it should be us that provides good information about the POS that the AWB is.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Bump yet again...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
AWB FAQ = Great idea!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#36]

I say the NRA should run some commercials,  letting the public know the truth of the AWB.

They should also include the difference between a real full auto machine gun and the semi-auto assualt-weapons.

This way the public can see what  the anti's are lying about.

The NRA is the BIG GUN for us and they should step up to the plate on this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#37]
YES Definately a FAQ!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Absolutely.

This is the biggest thing in 15 years.

In three days we will be saying:

"Free at Last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty Free at Last!!!"
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Thank you everyone for your support.  My only request is that you read the very first post.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I think a FAQ is a good idea. It amazes me how many folks (mostly non-shooters) are misinformed about the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I think a FAQ is a good idea. It amazes me how many folks (mostly non-shooters) are misinformed about the AWB.

Is that a Vietnam service ribbon in your avatar?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep, tack up an AWB FAQ / visitor welcoming thread.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that a Vietnam service ribbon in your avatar?

Yes, it is. I served in Vietnam in 1970 and 1971 in the Navy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top