Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2001 3:19:34 PM EDT
I'll be visiting a cousin of mine in West Virginia in the next month or so. I went to college in Huntington (Marshall) and used to go to a range out near Martha, where I shot my first AR 20 years ago. Any of you guys know of anyplace to shoot in the Huntington/Charleston area? We're meeting up to take my AR out, and his pre-ban Colt, a FAL and assorted handguns.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a public range somewhere outside of Charleston.  I'll ask a friend of mine about it as soon as possible.

I'll send him a message and then get back to you.

John
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Please find below directions and the name of a public range.

Kanawha State Forest has one, turn left at the top of the first hill on Cor G and follow the signs to the Forest, it's to the left as you come into the Forest, very busy on weekends, not bad during the week.

John
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the tip, John!
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Kanawha State Forrest is a pretty good range, its only about 100-110 yards and your only allowed paper targets, no shotguns, the rangers are pretty strict about this. It  gets VERY busy during the weekends as it only has 8 lanes. On the weekend, if memory serves me, its open from 8AM till dark. I shoot there all the time and have a good time. The shooting tables are covered so you can shoot in the rain but you will get wet and muddy out at the end of the range. If it rains really  hard there is a creek that runs through it and it can get  pretty swollen, Well thats about it, hope you have a good time!

BKVic
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in north central WV, there are several public ranges in this area. You may also want to check with the sheriffs dept. in your county and see if you can use the police range . Our Sheriff in Harrison county lets people use the range on a first come basis if no law enforcement agencies have the range for qualifications.If you get the keys on Friday you get the range for the whole weekend.
 [bounce]  Life is good in WV [bounce]
Also you can check with the DNR and ask them for a list of ranges in the area you will be in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top