Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 5:07:08 PM EDT
Well we where told that we might go back to Iraq once again. I've started making a list of stuff to buy I'm not making the same mistake as last time and not write down what I wanted to have with me . It's going to be my third time doing it if we do go. Just hope my luck holds with me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Be safe, Kick Ass
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck, stay safe and thanks for all you've done already.  

Jim
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is not a secret or anything, I would be curious what would take and why?

I know this is on everyone's mind, it doesn't hurt to say it again, please stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Post your wish list maybe some of us can help you with a few things.

I hope your luck holds out as well, stay safe and watch your six.

Ilike9s
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for your service and stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Well we where told that we might go back to Iraq once again. I've started making a list of stuff to buy I'm not making the same mistake as last time and not write down what I wanted to have with me . It's going to be my third time doing it if we do go. Just hope my luck holds with me.

Damn Tayous1, another round? Good luck bro, stay safe, and make em pay. Let us know what you need!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
You BN may be going back in the future, hell everyone is going back eventually.  But trust me at this point who is going beyond 3.1 is all scuttlebutt.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, Tayous!

Dang, I think I remember you posting here before you even shipped out to basic.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
My son is in the 4th ID and expects to be back there next Mar-April after they do the NTC at Ft Irwin.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for your service.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Be safe.  Take some SPAM to through at the bastards.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If it is not a secret or anything, I would be curious what would take and why?
I know this is on everyone's mind, it doesn't hurt to say it again, please stay safe.

Most of the stuff I want to take is stuff like a GPS its always nice to know where you are and so when you get back you can show people where you where at. A sling for my 240 three point or a thick padded one, MP3 player because if you bring Cd's they will get ruined no matter how good you take care of them ans its less to carry. Strider Knife because I love his knives and hes not to far away from Pendleton.  Portable Fan because it gets hot at night . There are a few other things also I wrote them all down this time to make sure I get it.

Quoted:
Hey, Tayous!
Dang, I think I remember you posting here before you even shipped out to basic.  

Yep I sure did hell that was so long ago now. If you would have told me then that in 2004 I would have been in combat twice I would not of believed you. There are days that I'm glad to be in but there a few days I wish I didn't come in.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Tayous--is your whole battalion back in the USA now?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#14]
tayous, watch your azz and come home...and of course, stuff it in her ....wait....kick some ass for all us keyboard commandoes!

My sons pray for you guys every night (so do I)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Good luck to you sir and thanks for defending our country.  Will be praying for you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:06:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Tayous--is your whole battalion back in the USA now?

GunLvr

Yes we all got back around July 15-20th about. 1/5 is back in Pendelton trainning right now
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Tayous1--welcome home.  Did your company or platoon get any of the packages I sent?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Check the Hall of Heroes for a list of things to consider before going.  I found it very informative.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for your service!  I mean that.

After three trips, you should have enough karma banked up to be golden for quite some time.

Stay safe!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thanks for your service!  I mean that.

After three trips, you should have enough karma banked up to be golden for quite some time.

Stay safe!

I sure hope so I just hope I can make it they told us we where going back to the same place we where before.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Check the Hall of Heroes for a list of things to consider before going.  I found it very informative.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Please let us know if you need any donation money to get the stuff you need.  Stay safe, and thank you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Please let us know if you need any donation money to get the stuff you need.  Stay safe, and thank you.

+1

Seriously, if you need cash before you deploy, drop a line, we'll donate.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I am in for $10.00 to buy this one from the Navy Exchange for tayous1.

Garmin® Geko™ 101 GPS Receiver
Price...$98.00    

This economical, waterproof GPS unit is the smallest and lightest GPS unit on the market and is perfect for navigational novices. Offers a sleek, bright yellow design and simple operating system. One-touch waypoint marking makes it a snap to use. Position accuracy can be less than 15 meters. Runs for up to 12 hours on 2 AAA batteries, not included.

12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and updates your position
3000-point automatic track log w/ TracBack® and PanTrack®
250 waypoints w/ name and graphic symbol
1.4" 64 x 100-pixel display w/ LED backlighting
5-button, 1-hand operation
Built-in patch antenna
Size: 3 7/8"H x 1 7/8"W x 1"D

This item is shipped directly from our supplier. Your account will be charged at the time order is placed. Please allow approximately 14 days for shipment, plus an additional 7 days for delivery.

500 user waypoints w/ graphic icons
Automatic track log
2.1" LCD
Built-in patch antenna
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top