Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 10:32:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#1]
What the fuck is wrong with these people?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:34:22 AM EDT
[#2]
bullshit, no fucking way. it's got to be a hoax.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
can't possibly be real. In this country anyway.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#5]
tag

no way this is true
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The plane one was better.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw a glimpse of that the other day - on a CNN story, and THOUGHT it was a monkey or something, which made me think it was jsut an unfortunately coincidence.

But if that truly shows a bearded dude with a turban, then I new ABSOLUTELY believe that it is a deliberate 9-11 toy, along with the airplane - and I AM FUCKING OUTRAGED !!!

(.. and I apologize to all the people who said this all along, because I really thought it might just have been a sick coincidence.  SORRY ! )

Shouldn't it be possible to track backwards to find out who actually manufcatured them?  The importer is probably just a dupe.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#8]
If you can get ahold of one, I'd bet you can find out who manufactured them (90%+ probability anyway) - not that they would be dumb enough to put the "MADE IN ..." printing on it, rather from the chemical makeup of the plastic (if not recycled) & paints - prolly some place in the far east (anyone with an injection molding machine and a bored diemaker (not much detail work) looks like typical cheezy trinkets from Indonesia/China maybe Pakistan or Iran. Would be nice to find the factory and put a Tomahawk in it (no matter what country it was from)

Looks like the joints move - is it an animated toy or just a paperweight?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#9]
A company wants to produce shit like this, let em.. But we should be asking W for an executive order halting importation of any and all products this company imports.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
It's true.  The "toy" is being sold by the Lisy Corporation.  I did a quick Google search on them and found recall after recall of candy that either poses a choking hazard or was full of bacteria.  They seem to be the bottom feeders in the toy/candy industury.

www.wftv.com/newsofthestrange/3691006/detail.html

The bags contain a toy that looks like a plane flying into a building and, we found, a second toy that looks like Osama Bin Laden suspended between the two buildings.

Eyewitness News broke this story, but, for the first time, we had the chance to speak with a representative from the corporation that distributed the candy.

"Importers did not realize what they were buying. They were buying assortments of toys and they get to people like us trying to sell authentic Mexican candies. Nobody caught it and it went out into the stores," explains Lisy Corporation manager Luis Pardon.

The manager of Lisy Corporation says the candy was originally purchased sight unseen, but now he'll send back all he's collected.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's true.  The "toy" is being sold by the Lisy Corporation.  I did a quick Google search on them and found recall after recall of candy that either poses a choking hazard or was full of bacteria.  They seem to be the bottom feeders in the toy/candy industury.

www.wftv.com/newsofthestrange/3691006/detail.html

The bags contain a toy that looks like a plane flying into a building and, we found, a second toy that looks like Osama Bin Laden suspended between the two buildings.

Eyewitness News broke this story, but, for the first time, we had the chance to speak with a representative from the corporation that distributed the candy.

"Importers did not realize what they were buying. They were buying assortments of toys and they get to people like us trying to sell authentic Mexican candies. Nobody caught it and it went out into the stores," explains Lisy Corporation manager Luis Pardon.

The manager of Lisy Corporation says the candy was originally purchased sight unseen, but now he'll send back all he's collected.

luis pardon? sounds french.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#13]
One week after 9-11 in Queens, NY, which is one of the 5 boroughs of NYC - An asian woman had a table set up where she was selling large photographs of the towers coming down, planes hitting towers, etc -

When i saw this, I was sickened. I didnt hesitate to kick the table over and watch all the photos spill over queens boulevard. I usually keep my cool, but I lost friends in the towers, and I worked in the towers. The asian lady wasnt to happy and grabbed 2 NYPD officers who came to the scene, without hesitation they both said "you are mistaken mam, we saw the table leg collapse on its own and the table fell"

After she ran away crying"fuck her by the way" , the cops turned to me, and said "Thanks" , and walked away.

My whole reason for this rant - If scumbags were profiting from 9-11 attacks the 1st week not 15 miles from ground zero, I am not surprised these Islamic Shiite heads would waste anytime profiting in anyway possible from the attacks. And hey, they can brainwash a whole new freshman class of terrorists at the same time.

Propoganda toys are nothing new, the Nazis used them, the arab world has been making propoganda toys/clothing for some time now.

If i ever came across the person who made that osama toy i would peel their fucking skin off.

edited:
Figures he's french, can you smell the bullshit?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#14]
This was a truly tasteless publicity stunt me thinks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#15]

This was a truly tasteless publicity stunt me thinks.

For this dudes piece of shit mexican candy/toy company - I doubt the orders are streaming in now -
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#16]
UNEXCUSABLE!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]
F*ckin assholes!  Other than those two words...I'm at a loss for words.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Toy

A bag of candy shocked a local grandmother and will most likely shock you. The toy inside looks like a plane flying right into the Twin Towers. Now, that toy is off some local store shelves because of our story.

It doesn't stop there, though. That grandmother was surprised, again, when she read the numbers imprinted on the toy.

Until Thursday afternoon, the little toys were on sale to kids around Central Florida -- two towers with a jetliner in between that appears to be crashing into one of the buildings. They come in packages along with candy.

We talked to a grandmother who couldn't believe what she'd inadvertently bought for her grandson.

"It makes me angry," Anna Rodriguez says. "I was offended because I couldn't believe that someone would give something like that to a kid."

When Rodriguez let her grandson pick out a bag of toys and candy, she never realized what was inside until her own son noticed the disturbing toy.

"[He said] look at the toy. I said, 'Let me see it,' and when I looked at it I was outraged. I was like, what? No way," Rodriguez says.

She purchased the toy at a local grocery store. We found more packages still hanging on the candy rack. The storeowners were appalled when they saw what a distributor for Lisy Corporation, based in Miami, brought to their store. The store pulled the bags from the shelf Thursday.

----

Rodriguez has pictures of the Twin Towers in her living room to remember the victims of 9/11. She says there is no mistake what the toy represents, especially when you look at the product number on every single toy: 9011.

"Everybody knows it's about the twin towers and it's nothing to be joking around about," says Rodriguez. She believes someone out there did it on purpose. "Whoever did this knew what they were doing, they definitely knew."

A company called Lisy Corporation distributes the candy bags. They said they are also offended by the toy and have pulled 17,000 of the toys.

wftv.com/news/3684494/detail.html

not sure if this is the same "Lisy Corporation" that distributed the tacky toys

http://www.lisycorp.com/contact.htm

found elsewhere:

"...Until Thursday afternoon, the little toys were on sale to kids around Central Florida -- two towers with a jetliner in between that appears to be crashing into one of the buildings. They come in packages along with candy.

...there is no mistake what the toy represents, especially when you look at the product number on every single toy: 9011.

...A company called Lisy Corporation distributes the candy bags. They said they are also offended by the toy and have pulled 17,000 of the toys.

Lisy says they bought the toys, sight unseen, from L and M Import/Export of Miami. We talked to L and M and they say they have no problem at all with the toy and don't consider it offensive at all.

We even pointed out to the import company that every single toy has a stock number on the front that reads "9011." L and M Imports didn't find it all coincidental and said it's just a toy. Asked if they'd talk on camera, they said there is nothing to talk about."

anyone in Miami wanna see if "L and M Import/Export" is listed?

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
One week after 9-11 in Queens, NY, which is one of the 5 boroughs of NYC - An asian woman had a table set up where she was selling large photographs of the towers coming down, planes hitting towers, etc -

When i saw this, I was sickened. I didnt hesitate to kick the table over and watch all the photos spill over queens boulevard. I usually keep my cool, but I lost friends in the towers, and I worked in the towers. The asian lady wasnt to happy and grabbed 2 NYPD officers who came to the scene, without hesitation they both said "you are mistaken mam, we saw the table leg collapse on its own and the table fell"

After she ran away crying"fuck her by the way" , the cops turned to me, and said "Thanks" , and walked away.

+1

If you're ever in Texas, you will drink for free.

Kirk
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#20]
swankforce, read your post...good for you for doing what I wish more people would do.
People tolerate way too fkn much in this country...and you know what...that tolerance is going to cost us eventually. Anyone that had the gall to market those images just a few miles away, to the people in the community that were affected, should simply be beaten.

Tolerance has limits...that is what the term means...a range of accepted values....outside that range, things break down. Isnt it about time these people were excused from the human race?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#22]

+1

If you're ever in Texas, you will drink for free.

Kirk

I'll take you up on that Hoss! Thanks -

Tolerance has limits...that is what the term means...a range of accepted values....outside that range, things break down. Isnt it about time these people were excused from the human race?

Macro- you have the right idea - when do we get started?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#23]
we need to get rude with some people
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#24]
If I see any of these toys in a store I don't know If I'll be able to restrain myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top