Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2001 3:27:36 PM EDT
Latest mailing from NRA says the billionaire owner of this popular job search internet site is actively financing anti-gun groups in several states. If you list a job there, or look for a job there, you are putting money into the pockets of these scumbags.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to know this.  We should all stick together when we can.  However if we boycott everything anti-gun then what???????
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14377-2001Apr27.html[/url]

Andrew McKelvey controls "Americans for Gun Safety".  

Yeah, right.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#3]
What are the recommended alternative sites?  

Any that are openly supportive of RKBA?

[?]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You just heard this?  I thought this was common knowledge by now.  Regardless, good post - if people don't know it, it needs to be known.

Of course, if you've ever tried to actually USE monster.com, you already know its a complete waste of time.  You'd have far better results setting 1000 resumes on fire and sending smoke signals to prospective employers.
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting this, I didn't know and was about to post there just to see what comes up. Any recommendations for a pro-gun alternative?
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/1/2001 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
WENDY'S!!!

Please say it aint so!!!!!!!

Give me the details!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WENDY'S!!!

Give me the details!!
View Quote

I'll add another call for that.  I enjoy Wendy's spicy chicken, and I [b]don't[/b] want to give those up.

With that said, I'll start eating elsewhere if Wendy's truly is anti-freedom.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I want some documentation, even a news story about Wendy's before I quit going there.  It is very easy to proclaim someone an anti without proof.  That is how the other side does things.  Monster.com has been in the news and has been known as an anti for some time.  I have heard or read nothing about Wendy's getting involved in any way.
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Never liked the search format at that site.

For technical job searches, there's

[url]www.dice.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WENDY'S!!!

Give me the details!!
View Quote

I'll add another call for that.  I enjoy Wendy's spicy chicken, and I [b]don't[/b] want to give those up.

With that said, I'll start eating elsewhere if Wendy's truly is anti-freedom.

Mike
View Quote

Agreed! Wendy's is the best fast-food spot...
Link Posted: 6/5/2001 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Wendy's ROCKS!!
I loved the Bacon Mushroom Cheddar Melt burger they had a few months ago for a limited time.That was a big burger,and it was awesome.Wish they would bring it back.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Never liked the search format at that site.

For technical job searches, there's

[url]www.dice.com[/url]
View Quote

Chaingun:

Thanks.[8D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Chaingun.  Thank You!  Thank You!  THANK YOU!!!

I just got notified I'm getting RIFd at the end of July.  So I fired off a resume to two decent sounding companies through your www.dice.com link.

Thanks again,
Norm in NJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top