Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/29/2004 9:14:30 PM EDT
I just got word that DSA will be making the AUG.  What a devastating blow, two years up in smoke.  How do I know this?  It was TPD Tactical Product Design before it was DSA.  Two years of behind the scenes no mouth, quiet work up in smoke.  I don't know what went down behind certain doors and I probably don't want to.  

RIP
TPD
Kentlik
07, 08 SOT
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
what?
DSA will be making the AUG? that is definately good news!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
what?

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what?

DSA AUG's!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
meh?

aruh?

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what?
DSA will be making the AUG? that is definately good news!

There goes more of my money....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just got word that DSA will be making the AUG.  What a devastating blow, two years up in smoke.  How do I know this?  It was TPD Tactical Product Design before it was DSA.  Two years of behind the scenes no mouth, quiet work up in smoke.  I don't know what went down behind certain doors and I probably don't want to.  

RIP
TPD
Kentlik
07, 08 SOT

Uhh, thats a good thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]
errrr, what are you trying to say?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#8]
if its over $700 I wont buy one
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Where that "I catch lightning in a bottle and I don't even know what the fuck you just said" pic when you need it?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Now what about mags for the thing.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#11]
crap. I now have to buy one
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
great news.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

lol! don't get too excited then!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  An AUG clone will surely be over 700, just hopefully less than 4000
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:27:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  An AUG clone will surely be over 700, just hopefully less than 4000

i would guess (roughly) at around $900
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Where is going to make mags for the thing?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea. Even ARs are hard to come by less than 700.

they will be priced in the 1300-1700 range.
i'll bet a post where i eat my foot on it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

there are alot of mags for it....they just arent here.

soon they will be and it wont be a big problem.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I've heard of DSA.
I've never heard of TPD.
All I know is i'm getting an AUG. I don't care WHO makes it.
Well except for speshul wepins, I don't care.
If you work for TPD, I'm sorry.
Maybe you could have said something to let us know about it,
we could have actually done SOMETHING??
Jeez...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

RIP
TPD
Kentlik
07, 08 SOT

Care to explain what the fuck you're talking about? For those of us who aren't in your head, that is.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#21]
This again.  I will believe it when I see one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#22]
No way its below $1200

But i'm still FEKKED in CT!

- BG
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RIP
TPD
Kentlik
07, 08 SOT

Care to explain what the fuck you're talking about? For those of us who aren't in your head, that is.

Wheres that "I catch lightning in a bottle and I don't even know what the fuck you just said" pic when you need it? Ahh Here we go...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

actually id say less than $500
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Shit, NOT ANOTHER FIREARM I need to buy. Damnit, now I have to revise my list. Hopefully we can get a price quote (it shouldn't be too much, imo. Lot of plastic there).

Quoted:

I think what he was saying was his company was working on getting the AUG lisence but lost out to DSA.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
great news.

Great news for you, shit I have been puttiing this deal together for some time and it just sliped away like shit through a goose!  Glad for you sad for me.  Everybody said it could not be done and let me tell you two years ago more than two years ago everyone I talked to said I was high too!  But the M16 based stock, 400 are done, already and have been for 6 months because of TPD.  Right off the prototype molds, ask THEM, they might or might not tell you.  No one was talking about the M16 stock until 10 months ago.  We were not interested unless they made it with the M16 stock.  We have all the permits in place if DSA wants to cut 6 months of their production time frame.  I'll send'em to to'em.  What a waste of time...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Isn't there a version that uses AR mags?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RIP
TPD
Kentlik
07, 08 SOT

Not to somebody I don't know who is using profanity in my general direction.  I must admit I am in my head right now as I just got the news about a deal gone away.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Me too..
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
great news.

Great news for you, shit I have been puttiing this deal together for some time and it just sliped away like shit through a goose!  Glad for you sad for me.  Everybody said it could not be done and let me tell you two years ago more than two years ago everyone I talked to said I was high too!  But the M16 based stock, 400 are done, already and have been for 6 months because of TPD.  Right off the prototype molds, ask THEM, they might or might not tell you.  No one was talking about the M16 stock until 10 months ago.  We were not interested unless they made it with the M16 stock.  We have all the permits in place if DSA wants to cut 6 months of their production time frame.  I'll send'em to to'em.  What a waste of time...

Just curious, but is this English?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm just hot right now.  It will come with the stock capable of accepting the Nato compliant mag.  Maybe not on the first run, but certainly very soon after.

Kentlik
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Guys on other boards have piped in.  Bonnie, who works at DSA has stated that everything is on hold.  So I dont know where you are getting your information.  This is from emails from her.  

http://www.steyr-aug.com/webbbs/steyaugusrdisc.cgi/read/11
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too..

Always with the negative waves Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Guys on other boards have piped in.  Bonnie, who works at DSA has stated that everything is on hold.  So I dont know where you are getting your information.  This is from emails from her.  

It is only on hold because they don't have the permits in place yet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Like I said before, kentlik.
You could have said SOMETHING to us here.
I've known for YEARS DSA "might" make AUGs.
This is the first time I've heard about any kind of deal with you and Steyr.
I've never heard of TPD either.
Next time, think of your friends here at ARFCom, and maybe we
can get something done together.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Great news for you, shit I have been puttiing this deal together for some time and it just sliped away like shit through a goose! Glad for you sad for me. Everybody said it could not be done and let me tell you two years ago more than two years ago everyone I talked to said I was high too! But the M16 based stock, 400 are done, already and have been for 6 months because of TPD. Right off the prototype molds, ask THEM, they might or might not tell you. No one was talking about the M16 stock until 10 months ago. We were not interested unless they made it with the M16 stock. We have all the permits in place if DSA wants to cut 6 months of their production time frame. I'll send'em to to'em. What a waste of time...

Quoted:
I must admit I am in my head right now as I just got the news about a deal gone away.

I can't make sense of what it is your trying to say ... I think you should consider using someone as a  proof reader before you hit the submit button  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I must admit I am in my head right now as I just got the news about a deal gone away.

I can't make sense of what it is your trying to say ... I think you should consider using someone as a  proof reader before you hit the submit button  

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#38]
originally posted by Kentlik

Always with the negative waves Moriarty! Always with the negative waves!

It's a mother beautiful weapon.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Too many beers for him tonight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Like I said before, kentlik.
You could have said SOMETHING to us here.
I've known for YEARS DSA "might" make AUGs.
This is the first time I've heard about any kind of deal with you and Steyr.
I've never heard of TPD either.
Next time, think of your friends here at ARFCom, and maybe we
can get something done together.

My friends are few and far between.  I have two dozen castings laying infront of me and one finished.  Drawings partially done and the likes.  You have not heard of because I did not say a word until it was deal or it was not a deal.  There alot of people saying they are going to do things that they are not going to do, I was not one of them.  I started TPD to do 1 thing make US AUG's, nothing else.  I don't alot because I don't have alot to say most times and other things to do.  You probably won't hear about us anymore, the AUG was one of the last great deals left, which is why we were after it.  As for gettin it done together, all the AUG guys know about this.  None are on this site that I know of with any regularity.  By the way this is by far the hot site to find out what is going on in the industry.  We have nothing  to prove, unfortunately what has transpired is what I had dreaded for the last several months since shot show.  The big boy won.  Simple as that.  We could through up all the drawings and castings I have and small parts, but what difference would it make really.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
great news.

Just curious, but is this English?

stream of consciousness
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Great news for you, shit I have been puttiing this deal together for some time and it just sliped away like shit through a goose! Glad for you sad for me. Everybody said it could not be done and let me tell you two years ago more than two years ago everyone I talked to said I was high too! But the M16 based stock, 400 are done, already and have been for 6 months because of TPD. Right off the prototype molds, ask THEM, they might or might not tell you. No one was talking about the M16 stock until 10 months ago. We were not interested unless they made it with the M16 stock. We have all the permits in place if DSA wants to cut 6 months of their production time frame. I'll send'em to to'em. What a waste of time...

Quoted:

You are probably correct
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I know another great deal of a rifle that I would most certainly buy in a heartbeat. Sig 550 series. I'd buy one so fast it'd make me look as if I were in a time warp.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Where that "I catch lightning in a bottle and I don't even know what the fuck you just said" pic when you need it?

+1  We need that pic!

D'oh

Pic posted while I was waiting for my friggin connection to come back up
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Any lefties operate an AUG before? Is it going to be worth my time at all?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#46]
jt good question, I'd like to know too, since im lefty.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#47]
As if I needed ANOTHER reason to bail from this loony bin!  

Shit, I never really thought there would be a resonable chance to add an AUG to my "must buy" list.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
But i'm still FEKKED in CT!

- BG

Why?

You can buy a DSA FAL, but not an FN FAL;

You can buy a JLD PTR-91, but not an HK 91;

You can buy a Bushmaster XM15, but not a Colt AR15;

Same logic that you could buy a DSA AUG, but not a Steyr AUG.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#49]
It damn sure is a full moon, isn't it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#50]
On my USR (Ca. legal AUG before 2000 ban) you could swtich the ejection port to the left side...don't remember if you need any additional parts but I know it was do-able...dunno if DSA will keep that feature...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top