Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 2:39:00 PM EDT
FNC (Hume) just reported Kerry attended a MLK(ommunist) event.

"I remember that day I was in Vietnam, when news came from home that a fatal bullet had struck down Dr. MLK.

King was shot April 1968. Kerry arrived in Vietnam November 1968.

Looking for a link........
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
WHy you always picking on the crackers???

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey - he must've taken classes from Gore!

edit: Do you remember when Gore told a story about his childhood?  He said his mother used to read him stories at bed time.  He said he specifically remembered a few titles.  The titles he gave were obviously false.  Those books didn't enter into publication until Gore was in college.

Hmm...maybe mommy still read to him then...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
HAH!!  lying sleezebag
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
subscribing to the thread
looking for a link myself, will post if I find one first
can't wait to be able to spread this one around
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

"I remember that day I was in Vietnam, when news came from home that a fatal bullet had struck down Dr. MLK.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

hr

Does this surprise anyone?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I member the day they buried king.  I was in the fourth grade and they came to the room and said there would be no class that day.  Someone had died named king and we could watch it on TV if we wanted.  All the black kids, it was mandatory for them.  The rest of us white kids couldn't see any purpose in it.  Most of us wondered why this guy who wasn't president or anything managed to shut the whole world down or why the funeral was on TV to begin with.

At least I know where I was back then apparently kerry doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#9]
waiting for info.

Does anybody know where I can find the info about Kerry only joining the Navy as a second choice after he was denied a deferment so he could go to school in Paris?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Errrr ummmm maybe?
"In early February of 1968, Kerry shipped out to the Gulf of Tonkin aboard the USS Gridley, a guided-missile frigate. "
www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061503.shtml

Does anybody know where I can find the info about Kerry only joining the Navy as a second choice after he was denied a deferment so he could go to school in Paris?

"ried to defer his military service for a year, according to a newly rediscovered article in a Harvard University newspaper.

Senator Kerry on the campaign trail in Iowa

He wrote to his local recruitment board seeking permission to spend a further 12 months studying in Paris, after completing his degree course at Yale University in the mid-1960s"

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/03/07/wkerr07.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/03/07/ixnewstop.html
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Errrr ummmm maybe?
"In early February of 1968, Kerry shipped out to the Gulf of Tonkin aboard the USS Gridley, a guided-missile frigate. "

Good work Phil. Im surprised that got past Brett.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Errrr ummmm maybe?

Good work Phil. Im surprised that got past Brett.

So how could Kerry have been in theater for only four months, yet have been there from April 1968 until January 1969 (when he now "remembers" being in Cambodia? That is at least nine months on my calendar.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#17]
The truth is not in him, he can't tell reality from his own bullshiite.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

"ried to defer his military service for a year, according to a newly rediscovered article in a Harvard University newspaper.

Senator Kerry on the campaign trail in Iowa

He wrote to his local recruitment board seeking permission to spend a further 12 months studying in Paris, after completing his degree course at Yale University in the mid-1960s"

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/03/07/wkerr07.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/03/07/ixnewstop.html

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I am not sure what the Gridley did in the South China Sea.  Also not clear that we was anywhere near there in Spring 1968.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am not sure what the Gridley did in the South China Sea.  Also not clear that we was anywhere near there in Spring 1968.

GunLvr

Feb 1966
Formally enlists in U.S. Navy

Feb 1968
Deployed to Western Pacific aboard the USS Gridley and requests duty in Vietnam

Nov 1968
Reports for duty in Vietnam

Dec 1968
Experiences first intense combat and earns first Purple Heart

How could they forget? Spent Christmas in Cambodia!

Feb 1969
Earns second Purple Heart & the Silver Star

Mar 1969
Earns the Bronze Star for saving the life of a fellow soldier

www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/bio.html

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Kerry actually has released a good deal of info about his service record online, though it may be hard to read if you're not used to reading military orders. It should be on his website at:

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/military_records.html

I didn't see anything there about WHAT the Greely was doing in Nam or how long it spent there, but I didn't read all of it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Kerry actually has released a good deal of info about his service record online, though it may be hard to read if you're not used to reading military orders. It should be on his website at:

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/military_records.html

I didn't see anything there about WHAT the Greely was doing in Nam or how long it spent there, but I didn't read all of it.

1) It's the USS Gridley not the Greely, but we've all seen that you like to play loose with the truth anyway, so it's to be expected.

2)"GRIDLEY operated along the California coast until sailing for the Orient 18 November. She left Subic Bay 2 January 1967 for plane guard duty in the China Sea and the Gulf of Tonkin. After varied duties in the fighting zone, she sailed for Australia en route to the West Coast and arrived Long Beach 8 June to prepare for future action."
navysite.de/cg/cg21.htm

2a) "In early February of 1968, Kerry shipped out to the Gulf of Tonkin aboard the USS Gridley"

Looks like another 4 month "tour of duty" for kerry.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

Feb 1966
Formally enlists in U.S. Navy

Feb 1968
Deployed to Western Pacific aboard the USS Gridley and requests duty in Vietnam

Nov 1968
Reports for duty in Vietnam

Dec 1968
Experiences first intense combat and earns first Purple Heart

How could they forget? Spent Christmas in Cambodia!

Feb 1969
Earns second Purple Heart & the Silver Star

Mar 1969
Earns the Bronze Star for saving the life of a fellow soldier

www.johnkerry.com/about/john_kerry/bio.html

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow! Thats like when Clinton worked the fire hose to put out all those
Black Churches that burned in the south.

GM
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Wow! Thats like when Clinton worked the fire hose to put out all those
Black Churches that burned in the south.

GM

Must have been interns inside.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top