Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 6:49:00 AM EDT
FROM DRUDGEREPORT

--------------------------
Kerry's campaign now says is possible first Purple Heart was awarded for unintentional self-inflicted wound...

Kerry received Purple Heart for wounds suffered on 12/2/68...

In Kerry's own journal written 9 days later, he writes he and his crew, quote, 'hadn't been shot at yet'... Developing...

---------------------------
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#1]
IT'S ALL OVER NOW....

I WANT TO SEE CARNAGE OVER THIS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]
This could be interesting but the media will ignore it, as usual.

Nothing to see here folks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Kerry is the one who made his VN service an issue while avoiding his Senate record.

Sowing and reaping.

Time to reap the whirlwind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#5]
IT'S HAMMER HEMORRHAGE TIME.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#7]
bwahhaahahaahha! where you at kerry defenders?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#8]
SELF-DESTRUCTION--
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Kerry is the poster child for why it's easier (and better) not to lie.

If you tell the truth and fuck up, all you have to do is deal with the fuckup.

If you lie about something, somewhere down the line you're not going to be able to keep the lies straight and it WILL come back and bite you in the ass.

This man is a 'tard.  It's looking more and more as if his ENTIRE life has been built on one lie after another, the only purpose being to benefit no one execpt John F'n Kerry and God help anyone who dares dispute that he is the center of the known universe.

I can't imagine what it's like to be him. To be someone who has NO grounding in the real world.  Someone who's entire life seems to one falsehood built on top of another lie ad infinitum.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This could be interesting but the media will ignore it, as usual.

Nothing to see here folks.

Not true....Talk radio and the internet is having a HUGE effect on this election.  SwiftBoat boys have also been having a HUGE affect on vets, and vets vote!

This WILL get out out and the sharks are circling.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#11]
First we had the clarification over "Christmas in Cambodia," now we have a clarification over his first Purple Heart.

If it wasn't for the SwiftVets, NONE OF THIS EVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

THANK YOU SWIFTVETS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Well, lets just wait and make sure this story holds water first before we start taunting the Kerry supporters.

Hopefully it will, and if it does I believe that this will just be the beginning and Kerry will be in a world of hurt.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#14]
"Smithers!!!!  Release the hounds!!!!"
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Drudge reporting Kerry called vets and apologized to them after Dole got after him!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Kerry decided to put this issue on the forefront rather than address the country's problems.  He brought it up.  He based his campaign on it as he had originally intended 35 years ago.  Now it is beginnning to sink and he's trying to plug the leaks.  The rest of the dems are ignoring the problem right now, but when he slips out of sight, they'll have to admit something went wrong.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Drudge reporting Kerry called vets and apologized to them after Dole got after him!

The way I read the headline it doesn't say that Kerry apologized to the vets. It just says that Kerry called them after talking to Dole. So, I'm not sure if it was an apology or not. This will be interesting to say the least...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:27:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Just friggin Swweeeeeeeeeeeet
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I just can't understand how anyone could vote for this
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#20]
The downward spiral continues.

But, I wonder how much of an impact this is really going to have. The Kerry supporters are in truth die-hard anit-war peacenicks. They could probably care less if Kerry pissed on Vetrans graves. The only reason he dragged out his "war record" was to try and appeal to the undecided swing voters. The Anybody but Bush crowd will probably not be impressed by this information.

Don't expect a huge Bush jump in the polls.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

But, I wonder how much of an impact this is really going to have. The Kerry supporters are in truth die-hard anit-war peacenicks. They could probably care less if Kerry pissed on Vetrans graves. The only reason he dragged out his "war record" was to try and appeal to the undecided swing voters. The Anybody but Bush crowd will probably not be impressed by this information.

I don't know. This is starting to put Kerry in the pathological loser category. A vet once told me "I was in Viet Nam. I painted and repaired barges. The only Vietnamese I ever saw were in bars. Why would I want to lie and say I was a SEAL? It's not like there's anything wrong with what I did."

What amazes me is that Kerry was never vetted his party and politely told to stand by for a Cabinet post. I understand not doing in a political gulag like Massachusetts, but in contested campaigns the party usually pays for the nastiest, most intrusive background check imaginable before they let somebody make a serious run. It's just wierd.

On another note, the local paper (admittedly conservative - sort of) had an editorial today calling for Kerry to settle the whole thing by releasing his records. I can't imagine that drumbeat not being picked up across the country, which will leave him damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Expect a Lautenberg, one month before the election....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#24]

He's 'bleeding out' now!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#26]
The hard core kerry suporters would not be fazed by kerry,on national TV,dis-membering and eating alive a child.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#27]
WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! caught with his hand in the cookie JAR!!! woohoo!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
FROM DRUDGEREPORT

--------------------------
Kerry's campaign now says is possible first Purple Heart was awarded for unintentional self-inflicted wound...

Kerry received Purple Heart for wounds suffered on 12/2/68...

In Kerry's own journal written 9 days later, he writes he and his crew, quote, 'hadn't been shot at yet'... Developing...

---------------------------

Does this mean he's going back to NAM and finish his remaining 8 months
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:06:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
First we had the clarification over "Christmas in Cambodia," now we have a clarification over his first Purple Heart.

Stay tuned for clarifications of the clarifications.

aka new lies to cover  the old ones

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

(snip)
I can't imagine what it's like to be him. To be someone who has NO grounding in the real world.  Someone who's entire life seems to one falsehood built on top of another lie ad infinitum.

But Massachusetts voters, who have no grounding in the real world either, will always vote for him. Just as they will always vote for Ted Kennedy...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#32]

"John Kerry was in Cambodia in Christmas 1968! His journal entries saying otherwise are a lie! The event was seared - SEARED! - into his memory! Well, maybe it was January, not December, but the ARVN's were still celebrating Christmas, even though they're Buddhists. And Nixon was president, not Johnson....or was it the other way around? Wait, let me start over again...........Mr. Bush, please stop constantly bringing up Vietnam! Can't we move on?"
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Are we seeing a disintegration of Kerry's campaign yet...or not?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#35]
That B'dad Bob just makes me chuckle when I look at him... 'Your troops are commiting suicide at our city gates!'

Boy, it sure sounds like it.

I'm really enjoying reading all this, has anyone ever f'ed up like this during a Presidential campaign? I cant think of any but Johnson was President when I was born.

This is some really good stuff.... fragged in the ass by rice... priceless!

It's kinda like a train wreck.. you just cant help but to watch.

To J. Kerry.... Stop it, you're killin me!! I have a broken rib and it hurts to laugh!! Just give up and give Edwards a shot, he's got a MUCH better chance!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

"John Kerry was in Cambodia in Christmas 1968! His journal entries saying otherwise are a lie! The event was seared - SEARED! - into his memory! Well, maybe it was January, not December, but the ARVN's were still celebrating Christmas, even though they're Buddhists. And Nixon was president, not Johnson....or was it the other way around? Wait, let me start over again...........Mr. Bush, please stop constantly bringing up Vietnam! Can't we move on?"

Hence the participation of Moveon.org.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

There won't be a huge Bush jump, since half of the voters would vote for Saddam or bin Laden if they were running against Bush. However, there is a few percent in the middle who are going to decide this thing. And they can be swayed one way or another.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

What amazes me is that Kerry was never vetted his party and politely told to stand by for a Cabinet post. I understand not doing in a political gulag like Massachusetts, but in contested campaigns the party usually pays for the nastiest, most intrusive background check imaginable before they let somebody make a serious run. It's just wierd.

It is is strange, I will agree with you there. It's almost as if part of this was scripted to put forth a candidate that so disgraced themself that they were asked to step down and replaced with another Democrat late in the game. What are the odds that POS Kerry steps down in disgrace and then the Democrats BEG Hillary to run in his place?

As for the Dems following the rules and re-canvassing--when have the Dems passed up a chance to do whatever it takes to get their candidate in or their agenda furthered, by means legal, Constitutional or otherwise?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm really enjoying reading all this, has anyone ever f'ed up like this during a Presidential campaign? I cant think of any but Johnson was President when I was born.

Ross Perot blaming Bush41 for spying on his daughter's wedding as well as naming James "Who Am I, Why Am I Here" Stockdale as his VP.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#41]

As for the Dems following the rules and re-canvassing--when have the Dems passed up a chance to do whatever it takes to get their candidate in or their agenda furthered, by means legal, Constitutional or otherwise?

That's true. Look at how they went to the FL Supreme Court during the recount to get around state laws. If they replaced Kerry they would demand every state put the new candidate on the ballot and scream disenfranchisement if the states don't go along.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top