Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 5:55:15 PM EDT
Did a search, couldn't come up with anything so here goes.

This from our own Hometown section...   www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=30&t=183478

About this incident...   www.indystar.com/articles/1/171583-9841-092.html

A thread on their forum...   www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74603

Now, once again we have many differing opinions about the cause of the incident, the ramifications and the course of action to take, AND I understand that individuals have the right to choose what they sell but for Gods' sake, how can gun store owners who profess to support the BOR and ultimately make their living as a direct result of it come up with shit like this??????

I cannot for the life of me understand the motive, is it to encourage non gun owners into their businesses? I think not.  Do they expect more business form gun owners as a result? Hardly.  So WTF goes on?

I personally believe that these types will be the downfall of us all and I for one am calling for a FIRE MISSION....

Mike Hilton, CEO

POPGUNS
30 South Post Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46219

www.popguns.com/newstore1.htm

[email protected]

Tel: (317) 897-8660

Don Davis, CEO

www.donsguns.com/default.htm

Dons Guns 3807 Lafayette Road Indianapolis, IN 46208

(317) 297-4242

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Holy shit, Imbroglio is there... www.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74603&page=10&pp=15

Yep,

the twat himself...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure let's focus on the inaacurate desription of the firearm involved, instead of the 1 officer killed and 4 wounded.

Nice to see you have your priorities straight.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Who, me?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who, me?

Yup, get upset by what some idiot says in the paper, but not the actual fatal shooting.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Both pro gun and anti gun opinions on the thread in the fourm.  Some of the anti gun opinions state that "all guns including hunting and sport should be banned" as well as the old favorite "what do you tell the officer's family".  A lot of people claiming to be family of the involved officers are saying they want the AWB renewed.  You don't have to register to post in that thread.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who, me?

Yup, get upset by what some idiot says in the paper, but not the actual fatal shooting.

I know the whole thing is a long read, you obviously didn't bother to take the time so I will take your comment with a grain of salt.  Thanks for the judgment based on what you didn't take the time to look at.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got home from Indy and was there the night of the shooting.  A very sad situation with the death and injury of the LEOs.  My thoughts and prayers go to the injured and for both of their families.

The shooter used an SKS.   The local TV station (I forgot which one) reported that the SKS uses an "extremely powerful" cartridge and that the rifle was NOT covered by the AWB.  They showed camera footage of an SKS at a local gunstore for background.  They closed the story with a poll showing that some sixty something percent of viewers said that Indiana should have it's own AWB.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#9]
OLY-M4gery,

I believe this thread was started about the repercussions for the gun community.

If you want to start a tribute thread for the cop, go ahead. No one is stopping you.

No reason to step on burbanites thread.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I stand by my comments.

IF YOU DON' LIKE IT TOUGH SHIT.

AS FOR JACK ASS BURBANITE, IREAD EVERY WORD YOU POSTED IN THIS THREAD.

NOT ONE FUCKING WORD ABOUT THE OFFICER THAT GOT KILLED, OR THE ONES THAT GOT SHOT. JUST PISS-ANT COMPLAINING, ABOUT WHAT IDIOTS SAID.

Is that fuckin' clearer? Instead of focusing on the idiots, you could have mentioned something about the people that got killed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#11]
My post directly quoted from the thread...

perhaps you can shout a little louder, we can't quite hear you.

"Tragic story for all concerned, my heart goes out to the families involved.  

These brave officers faced a deranged person who was undoubtedly hell bent on destroying anything around him. Who knows if they were prepared for what they encountered at the scene, sounds like the criminal was waiting and ambushed the first respondent. Our LEO's face many dangers on a daily basis and are to be highly commended for the work they do, sometimes that danger becomes overwhelming and lives are lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN WEAPONS
My Prayers go out to the family of the officer who was killed this morning in the line of duty. President Bush and the Republican leadership in Congress are trying to have it both ways on the assault weapons ban, saying they support the ban but refusing to take any action. There is clearly a need to renew the BAN on assualt weapons. This is the 2nd officer killed in recent years in the Indianapolis area from a "machine gun".

To clear up a point made above, this was not a machine gun, it was a rifle and a cheap one at that. There has only been one recorded murder by a full auto weapon since 1934 (when they were placed under strict regulations), and that was a police officer killing an informant. Neither was it an "assault weapon", a term used by people to label any firearm they don't understand. No ban would have stopped this apparently mentally ill person from committing a crime and this is further proof of the uselessness of the AWB.

Much stricter penalties for criminals are needed not more laws for them to ignore. A ban on any firearm would not have helped those killed and injured here today but more help from the courts may have."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top