Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 1:17:06 PM EDT
I just got my June issue of GUN TESTS and they have done a comparison between Wilson UT-15, Bushmaster XM15-E2S, & American Spirit Arms Corp.  They gave the American Spirit a good rating.  Do any of you have one of these guns?  If you do are you satisified with it? I don't think that I have ever seen one of them before. They made it sound pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea I got mine yesterday.  I was sort of suprised because most of the guys here don't like ASA.  I should say I not sure if they dislike ASA, or just the A-Hole owner.  

Anyway, Gun Tests gave the ASA AR a very good write up.  I'd like to see a comparision between the CAV-15's and the Carbon-15's.

Now hold on a minute don't burn me alive!!  I know the CAV's are better, I have one myself, I'd just like Gun Tests to do an article on them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The owner has had self professed "Attitude Issues", but they do put out a damn fine product.

FWIW:  Until very recently ([i]like a month ago[/i]), my competition rifle was an ASA...

They also ranked #2 in quality to Rock River, where the LEGP test rifles were concerned.  They very easily beat Armalite/Eagle and Olympic!

I personally have had a very good repoir with Bob ([i]the owner[/i]) over the past couple of years, but will state firsthand that many others haven't been so lucky.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#4]
KC,

If you are looking for an AR, check out the LEGP before you plunk down the money for an ASA. $140 less for the LEGP than the ASA as listed in gun tests.

Gun tests really needs to test more guns that are similar. They should test the Bushmaster, Armalite, ASA, RRA, Olympic, Colt, etc 16" models to each other. Then test the 20"s from each company. Test Apples to Apples.

If they are going to include the Wilson, they should be testing against the Les Bear, and other "Custom" ARs.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Anti...does asa have a website?....do you have it?.....
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont know to much about the company and less about Bob,Don,or whatever his name is. So far ive had good luck with one of their PB 16in model. uh, oops, thats right this is the one that i received and shot a few rounds through when I found  that the barrel nut wasnt torqued properly, but that took only a small amount of repair effort...shoots and works good though..[rocket][:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
KC,

If you are looking for an AR, check out the LEGP before you plunk down the money for an ASA. $140 less for the LEGP than the ASA as listed in gun tests.

Gun tests really needs to test more guns that are similar. They should test the Bushmaster, Armalite, ASA, RRA, Olympic, Colt, etc 16" models to each other. Then test the 20"s from each company. Test Apples to Apples.

If they are going to include the Wilson, they should be testing against the Les Bear, and other "Custom" ARs.
View Quote
                                           That was my problem with the test also...they didn`t run like vs like....they do that often...such as sig vs taurus......[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought an ASA A2 upper around the time of Y2K. I had major problems with it. Failure to feed from day one. In fact, one day at the range the extractor and ejector simply disintegrated. I removed the mag and they fell out of the mag well in little pieces.

So, I sent it back to them and they "fixed" it. I guess they put some sort of bonding material around the gas tube by the front sight and gave me a new chrome bolt assy. Tried it at the range and guess what? Failure to feed. So I sent it back again and they gave me a new upper. The new upper has less than 200 rounds through it, but so far it's been okay.

So, I would assume they are better than they used to be. However, as long as employee turnover is a problem, don't expect a consistent product.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an ASA CAR15. It was a kit that I built myself. Had a few problems in the beginning but that was due to my ignorance of the rifle itself and its assembly. Once I got it fin tuned with a help of a gunsmith the rifle is flawless. I like it. I've shot many other rifles after that and Bushy's, and Oly, do have a better feel to it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one of the ASA CAR16's when Bob was actively trying to leave the phones alone.  Only problem I've had with it was the front sight wasn't centered, just like my 20" Bushmaster.  Took about 15minutes to fix.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 3:01:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By black&green:
Anti...does asa have a website?....do you have it?.....
View Quote

www.gunkits.com
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one of their lower receivers, it is a really nice lower.  Everything fit perfectly and I've put three different uppers on it and all fit beautifully.  The finish was excellent and the mag well is excellent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top