Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2001 8:15:29 AM EDT
I have smoe song that i have wriiten, but I need help with getting them put to music.
   I need to get them finished, To try to get a record deal with a country music distributor.

Help if you can.

[whacko] [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Get an agent you can trust(yeah,right) or get raped.Don't quit your day job.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
First thing I would think about is copyright protection on your lyrics.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Submit it at GUNPOINT!  They'll pay attention.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Find yourself a quality local band who believes your lyrics are worthy of writing a tune, and performing the tune in live settings and recording the tune.  Do it because you love to write lyrics and hear a band perform them in fromt of people who will enjoy them.  That's worth more than any contract for advances against future earnings that you have a one in a million chance of getting out of the big five who control the record/broadcasting industries.  And who needs a record company anyway?  Just form your own, record your CDs and get airplay and distribute the stuff yourself.  Bands do it every day with no hope of ever making money off of it.  I know, since as a hobby I record/mix/master CDs of professional quality for bands in the surf/instrumental genre.  They all have day jobs and produce fine music because that is their love.  The music.  Not fame, not money, not women -- music.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Find a music exec and wait for him by his car - night is best.  Start singing to him, he'll love it.  If he decides to go home, sing to him while standing on his hood, he can see you better that way.  If you have still failed to impress him, tell him how all those voices in your head can't all be wrong.  Humping his leg is a last resort.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Humping his leg is a last resort.
View Quote

What do you mean last resort?  I'd do that first thing.  Then wizz on his tire, letsem know you have healthy kidneys.  Last time I did that the little leprachaun on my shoulder said,"Burnem', Burnem ALL!!"  

Crap, forgot my meds again...  :)
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
You need a music video first or you will go nowhere.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First thing I would think about is copyright protection on your lyrics.
View Quote

I did, I did hear voices in my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     I don't sufer from insanity,Ienjoy every minute of it.
 Where can i get the lyrics Copyrighted?
If you know anything about it please e-mail at [email protected].

[whacko][sniper]

P.S. please keep the smart ass remarks to a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top