Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2001 5:31:57 PM EDT
In Minneacrapolis, Habitat for Humanity is building 75 new houses this year, and selling them to immigrant women for 0% interest on 30yr mortguages!  What am I doing wrong here?  I guess I should have been born a Mong woman.  Then I wouldn't have to get up and go to work every day.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but who the hell wants to freeze thier tits off in Minneapolis for 9 months out of the year.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The Hmong no longer have a homeland after being our allies in the Vietnam war.  They were persecuted and discriminated enough BEFORE the war (kind of like the hillbillies of Indochina).  They fought alongside us, and probably would have been wiped out if we didn't give them asylum after the war.  I don't have any problem with this small minority getting gov't assistance after all the assistance they gave OUR gov't.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Hmong no longer have a homeland after being our allies in the Vietnam war.  They were persecuted and discriminated enough BEFORE the war (kind of like the hillbillies of Indochina).  They fought alongside us, and probably would have been wiped out if we didn't give them asylum after the war.  I don't have any problem with this small minority getting gov't assistance after all the assistance they gave OUR gov't.
View Quote

Our veterans gave our country assistance and I guarantee none of them could get a 0% interest mortgage.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Our veterans gave our country assistance and I guarantee none of them could get a 0% interest mortgage.
View Quote

True, but our veterans at least had a country to come home to.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Theyre probibally hard workers, not wherefare recipients squirting out babies.
I'm all for giving combat vets interest free loans too.
Eric
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Mong, Hmong...  I thought it was Unimog. A- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, US screwed over the Hmong 30 frigging years ago. So now, their kids are supposed to get a free ride. Bullshit. That's the same kind of PC commie thinking that is behind this outrageous idea of paying "reparations" to every African American in the country because 300 years ago their great ancestors were brought here as slaves. Ok. I'll go for that when England pays "reparations" to every Irish American who came to this country because of their cruel oppression in the mid 19th century. Where does it end? Get a life. Be thankful for where you are, and make it on your own, where you at least have the opportunity to do so, or sink and let Darwin's Law do what it is supposed to do.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Are they the same as the Montagnards?  Those were some bad little fuckers... Just ask anybody that was in SOG and worked with them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#11]
No.
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Oops....thread wasn't about what I thought.  My first reaction was:

I'll bet Imbroglio would give them 110%!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top