Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2004 9:21:14 AM EDT
Can anybody relate any personal dealings with Tommy?

The reason I ask, I ordered a complete lower from him 2 weeks ago.  Overnighted check, FFL, etc. right before he left for vacation.  Last Tuesday I spoke with him and said everything was good and I would (FFL shop) receive lower no later than Friday.  Needless to say it hasn't arrived and I get no responses from emails and phone messages.  

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he is on vacation? Hasnt even been a week dude. They are good people.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I spoke to him last Tuesday after he returned.  That's when he assured me of the delivery and said he would email me the tracking number.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Good people. Several ammo purchases.

Only late delivery was when he was waiting on ammo supplier.

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I had heard he pretty reliable which is why I ordered from him.  I called him, said he had in stock and it was no problem.  Now I can't get him to return my calls.  However, I know for fact my check has cleared.

I'm not typically an impatient person.  I waited quite awhile before making the decision.  My gripe/concern is when you tell me to expect something that I have paid for, I expect it to be there.  At the least, return my inquiries as to what the hold up is.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to hijack this thread, Welcome to the board! We(Ga Guys) are having a road trip shoot this weekend over in Bham at the FOP. Check the Ga Forum for details!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Couple of orders with GA precision, and it was a great transaction each time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not to hijack this thread, Welcome to the board! We(Ga Guys) are having a road trip shoot this weekend over in Bham at the FOP. Check the Ga Forum for details!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I've been reading about it and sounds like a good time.

Two problems;

1)  The reason I started this post

2)  I'm in the SE coastal area and that's a hell of drive.

By the way, thanks for trying to solicit some help for me in the GA forum.  I was hoping someone might be close enough to his area to know WTF's up.

Any of the GA group do anything closer to my area?
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Tommy's a good guy.  I've had some work done by him and I've purchase my share of parts from him.  Gotta remember, sometimes he's swamped.  He'll do good by you.  If you call him and let him know that you're not a happy camper, I'm sure he'll try to makes things right for you.

btw, most gunsmiths are either bored with nothing to do, or they are so swamped that they can't go take a crap.

Kurt, great guy, a artist at what he does, I've had him do some barrel work, got it back in 5 weeks.  I've heard some guys wait about 6 months for it.  We all do it with out a peep out of our mouths because he's work is that good.  He's not going to run up the machines to do one barrel, he'll wait until he gets like 6.  But Kurt's a really friendly guy and will do right by you too.

So the moral of these guys are they are not out to steal money from you, or treat you like dirt, it's just they could be swamped.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been keeping that in mind and certainly don't want run anybody down undeservingly.  That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.  I've been trying to get a hold of him to no avail.

Ironically, since I posted this, I received an email from Tommy with a different number.  I called, got voice mail and left another message.  Like I said, I've heard good things about them.  Only negative being ammo which was apparently beyond his control.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Just spoke with Tommy, he called me back.  He's been waiting on a take-down pin which he'll receive tomorrow and assures me I'll receive the lower on Friday.  Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How close is Aiken SC??

Good group of guys there.

Link Posted: 8/3/2004 11:01:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Not sure.  I'm an hour south of Sav.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I've been reading about it and sounds like a good time.

Two problems;

1)  The reason I started this post

2)  I'm in the SE coastal area and that's a hell of drive.

By the way, thanks for trying to solicit some help for me in the GA forum.  I was hoping someone might be close enough to his area to know WTF's up.

1) No need to even have a gun to come out and shoot! We have PLENTY! As long as I have ammo, my guns are availiable to ALL! I cannot think of one member that doesn't feel the same way. If you can get to ATL we can get you to Bham. (This applies to anyone here that is interested!)

B) We have a roll call thread with location in the Ga Forum, check it out! I guess it is time I finally posted there too!

I hope my 'sticking my nose in' helped! Keep us updated.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not sure.  I'm an hour south of Sav.

That's not SE Georgia, that's NE Florida!
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Might be at Perry - where I should be dammit!  Bought lots of stuff from him, never a problem.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#17]
My experience with them involved frustrated communication over ammo that was out of stock but not listed as such on the website.  All was good in the end.  I think they are a good outfit, just could improve on communication with customers.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I just canceled an order almost 2 weeks old that I was told would be sent the afternoon I ordered it. This was not the first time either. I want to spend close to home but it is not always easy to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top