Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 4:08:21 PM EDT
I especially like that the AR15 is mentioned as a rifle that isn't really that dangerous compared to other legal rifles.

[url]http://www.nralive.com/index2.cfm[/url]

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
How many AR-15's, M1's, ar M-14 "style weapons have been involved in signifigant crimes?? SKS get used, but I think that may have to do with price. Even if you are in favor of bans, shouldn't you have some type of causal relationship between crime and the weapons?
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, SKS's do not get used in crime.  AK's do, but the SKS is a little ungainly for a bad guy.  The AK's are used for the reason you mentioned, price.  I asked an LEO friend who is very pro-gun how many AR15's he had taken off bad guys in his 15 years and he said just one and it wasn't being used, it was just in the house during a raid.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I spoke with San Angelo at the capitol today. I don't like how he insists on calling ARs "high powered" rifles. I corrected him on that this afternoon, and I hope he drops that from his schpiel.

Otherwise the guy is right on! A true friend of gun owners!

Thanks Ron!
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the link.  I just spent part of the day over on Assaultweb getting flamed to a cinder for supporting the NRA.  They seem to be convinced that the NRA supports banning AR-15's and there is absolutely no reasoning with them.  They are determined to die alone in a cave out of ammo and food rather than support the NRA.  Think I'll post the link over there.  Flame suit on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top