Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2001 8:42:02 PM EDT
Duse your rang look like this?
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1391821&a=10390079&p=49304024[/img].
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Do pepole smoke at your range?
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1391821&a=10390079&p=49304018[/img].
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Trailer trash need a place to shoot too. If this keeps them away from my range then so be it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 9:21:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a good place to shoot to me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Gravel pits along the Clackamas River (Oregon) get used for shooting. They all turn into trash dumps, become the favorite place for rednecks to dump couches, tv sets, lawn furniture, refrigerators, garbage . . .

Also, the trees get mowed down sooner or later and the place starts looking like a slash heap from a clear-cut.

Some asshole lit one up while I had black powder open and was loading up. Jeez, what a jerk!
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#5]
This place looks like a really nice place to hang out. Those guys a pretty cool too.

Six
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like Nirvana to me. Anything would be next to the sh**thole I went to on Saturday.
First of all, it was $15.00 PER GUN!!!! Talk about being bent over and taking one up the old dirt road. Next, I was rudely chastised by a 20yr old punk for offhand shooting.That's right, only shooting off the bench! He said it was for safety reasons.I could trip and fire a round over the 100'sand bearm. Yeah, I guess a 747 could fall out of the sky and hit us too. I am not a big fighter, but I really wanted to smoke this guy. "Oh, sorry, I tripped, and my right hand slammed into your face." But, I am in the process of getting a permit to carry. An assault charge would not look good. Here is a tip: If you like guns, and like to actually shoot them, avoid Minnesota.The ranges here suck!
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I went to a range like that here in Michigan. Only could single load, only could shoot off the bench plus it was $20 for an hour of shooting. I told the range guy "The next time I come here I am going to have bring  KY jelly." and believe it or not he asked why.

Six
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]
It looks like night time in your two photos.
If its trashy get them shooters together and clean it up.
When I was in Clear, Alaska the garbage dump was our favorite place to shoot at night. We
would line up a bunch of USAF vehicles, turn on the lights, and blast away until nothing moved.
Turn off the lights, have a beer and wait 15 minutes. Turn the lights on and blast away.
The targets were mammoth rats.
One of my closest friends was a cook who had been a German Soldier. He had two foot lockers
full of German guns. The only one I can recall
now was the Schmisser Machine Pistol. I wonder if spell check will fix this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#9]
What range were you at Mach1?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Well we are all making jokes about this place. Is it a real range? There is going to be an AR-15.com shoot in Michigan now stop by that page and take a look at where they are holding it. Its almost as bad.

Six

Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#12]
The place in the pic is in the National Forest.
I hope it dont get shut down because of abouse.
I would have tryed to clean it up some, but we were on a night fire mishion. The mess grew over the weekend, Holliday shooters.
I all wayes try to leav it a little better then i find it.
I was trying to catch the musel flash on the m44 but no luck, the M44 makes a big flash.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went to a range like that here in Michigan. Only could single load, only could shoot off the bench plus it was $20 for an hour of shooting. I told the range guy "The next time I come here I am going to have bring  KY jelly." and believe it or not he asked why.Six
View Quote

WOOOHA![smoke]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Honey Island Shooting range has got to be one of the little best ranges in the south.
Small but very well maintained, grass is always cut, safety range officers all over the place,
(one each at pistol and rifle range and two at the check in area).  Covered cement benches, left hand and right hand setup.  Target stands are always around, targets are for sale at the check in area as well as drinks.
We can shoot anything we bring, class 3 stuff, offhand, whatever.
It cost us only $6.00 a day to shoot or $60.00 for the year.  Ranges is open only on 1/2 day Friday and Sat. and Sun.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Shadowjack1:

I was at the Honey Island range last weekend - it is quite nice.  There is a webpage (http://www.honeyisland.org) that gives range information and lists the range information phone number.  The only problem with the place is that every Spring, the Pearl River crests and cuts off access to area.

It appears that the club that operates the range is working with the State to expand the range, on both the pistol and rifle firing lines.  There are plans to extend the rifle range to 200 yards.  :)
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks like Nirvana to me. Anything would be next to the sh**thole I went to on Saturday.
First of all, it was $15.00 PER GUN!!!! Talk about being bent over and taking one up the old dirt road. Next, I was rudely chastised by a 20yr old punk for offhand shooting.That's right, only shooting off the bench! He said it was for safety reasons.I could trip and fire a round over the 100'sand bearm. Yeah, I guess a 747 could fall out of the sky and hit us too. I am not a big fighter, but I really wanted to smoke this guy. "Oh, sorry, I tripped, and my right hand slammed into your face." But, I am in the process of getting a permit to carry. An assault charge would not look good. Here is a tip: If you like guns, and like to actually shoot them, avoid Minnesota.The ranges here suck!
View Quote

Sounds like the bearm overlooks the city another 100 yards away.  Good planning.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Duse your rang look like this?
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1391821&a=10390079&p=49304024[/img].
View Quote

What the hell is a "rang"?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What range were you at Mach1?
View Quote

Moon Valley. It's in Chanhassen, off of 212.

Avoid it!
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I believe this is what's known as "tragedy of the commons."  Public land isn't "owned" by anyone, so no one bothers to take responsibility for its upkeep.  If you guys like having a clean place to shoot, form a club, buy some land and keep it maintained.  Every shooting range I've ever been to on public land is just like this--shitty.  

Good places to shoot are getting difficult to find.  That is not by accident.  

I'm spoiled--my gun club here in NC is deserted on the weekdays and there's no range officer or anyone else to tell you what to do.  It's clean and well-kept for the most part.  We have work parties and hire out the mowing.  Most shooters do not break the equipment, either.  It's nice.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#20]
At my range you can only shoot steele targets, paper targets on a target holder, or clay birds. This cuts down on some of the fun factor but the range doesn't look like a dump.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#21]
It just floors me that any time people find a place to shoot, other people think it must be OK to dump their trash there too. I've got 190 acres in central WA (desert) and no matter where I shoot on it, within a couple weeks i'll find a pile of garbage there. I guess the only good thing is that most people aren't smart enough to take their mail out of their ilegally dumped trash and then have to go back out and clean it all up. The local sheriff is really good about contacting them after I turn the envelopes over to him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top