Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/10/2004 9:44:40 AM EDT
Can you say that a guy/girl (depending on what you are) is good looking without feeling like a queer?

I thought about asking what person of the same sex do you think is good looking, but I don't want this to turn into a guy version of BOTD... that would probably push the limits even for the most confident hetero's.

If you're not quite as comfortable, maybe re-wording the question would make it easier...

If you could look like a different guy who would you want to look like?
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I've said "Hey look at that ugly fucker" before but never felt the urge to say something like,"He sure is cute".
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've said "Hey look at that ugly fucker" before but never felt the urge to say something like,"He sure is cute".

I guess the context would be somethig more to the effect of if you are with a girl and she says a guy is good looking... would you say, "Yeah, he's a good looking dude." or would you say "Ewww.... icky guys."
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#5]
My wife's male ideal is the stereotypical long-haired blond Teutonic God.   You know, Thor.

Only as a rock star.

Trust me, I don't look like Thor.

Would if I could, though.

But then, I'd like her to look like Kobe Tai without the bad tit job.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Threads about underwear, and now this????

Is there something you want to share with us????
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#7]
[gay indian from Little Big Man] I'll be your wife pathfinder74...[/gay indian from Little Big Man]

[insecure little boy]My mommy says that I'm handsom and that any girl would love to be my girlfriend. [/insecure little boy]

Seriously though, either Tom Selleck, Brad Pitt or Denzel Washington, seems that a lot of women find them attractive.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm comfortable with my heterosexuality. Not homophobic if that's what you mean. And no I'm not a rump ranger either nor am I bi-sexual.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#9]

perhapse Ron jeremy without the gut and the hair
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#10]
"Ewww.... icky guys."
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#11]
The Man. The One and Only.

If ever there were a standard by which all men should aspire to be, it is this one indisputable icon of all that is manhood.

Homer Simpson.
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I seem to have no clue what makes a man "good looking."  I often ask my wife, "Do you think he's good looking?"  I ask this because I think a woman would find him handsome, but she usually looks at me like I'm from outer space and says "NO!"  Oh well--I guess I just don't have a "feminine side"--or else I killed it years ago.  

Yeah, I know what you mean... like me and my wife are watching a movie and I ask her... "do you think he is good looking?" Someone who a guy "admires" based on, say, their character/actions... I think Robert DeNiro is a pretty cool looking guy when' he's running around doing cool guy stuff (like in Ronin)... but I don't think my wife thinks he's very "attractive".

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
Threads about underwear, and now this????

Is there something you want to share with us????

Like I said... I'm just flooding the "under-cover profilers" with useless information... make it harder to put together a portfolio on me (and everyone else) that wouldn't get them laughed out of a room.

Link Posted: 7/10/2004 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/10/2004 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Can you say that a guy/girl (depending on what you are) is good looking without feeling like a queer?

Hell, I'm comfortable noting good looking livestock.

Having said that, if the guy next to me at the auction says "Yeah, that heifer's got a cute butt," I'm moving over two seats.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I just have never been able to judge if a guy is good looking or not.  I have to ask my wife.

However, I do know ugly when I see it!
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Doublefeed you have to get in line that bitch is mine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:23:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Lets put it this way.  I kissed Striker (or was it Sweep?) at the 2003 saturday night GunStock dinner in from of 200+ ARFCOM members.

ANd I didn't even get a boner.  

SO yes, I am very comfortable with my sexuality....althought I think Striker (or was it Sweep?) is now questioning his....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have no heterosexuality.  Zhukov was right all along.
Flaming gay over here.  
I'm getting married to TheRedGoat.

quoted for posterity.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:28:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#24]
LOL

Yes I am entirely comfy with my heterosexuality. I have gay coworkers and it doesn't bother me in the least. To each their own, I don't understand the lifestyle and find the mechanics of it kind of disgusting... and the stuff you see on TV (parades and such, buff dudes in speedos and boots grabbing each other ) would frankly embarass me even if I was gay.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I think Tom Selleck is a good lookin guy.   I always wanted to be Magnum, PI when I was a kid.

Perhaps it was a latent gay stage and I really wanted to do him.

Nahhhh.  I liked the stewardess chicks he was always nailing, his car, and the .45 - in that order.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I am gay, so I dont know how to answer.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
and find the mechanics of it kind of disgusting...

Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#28]

I look at other men strictly in the competitive sense.

I.E. 'Dammit, that guy probably lays down more trim in a week than I have in my whole life.'
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Nope doublefeed....we both want to marry him...where is the gimp anyway?
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#30]
[Elaine] Do you think Bob is cute Gorge? {Gorge} I'm not gonna answer that. {Elaine} It won't hurt your reputation as a man if you answer. {Gorge}It won't help.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I thought about asking what person of the same sex do you think is good looking, but I don't want this to turn into a guy version of BOTD... that would probably push the limits even for the most confident hetero's.

If you're not quite as comfortable, maybe re-wording the question would make it easier...

I don't notice...

And I'd look just like me, but maybe 15lbs lighter....
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I have no heterosexuality.  Zhukov was right all along.
Flaming gay over here.  
I'm getting married to TheRedGoat.

YOU BITCH!!!!, you told me you were mine
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#35]
The only guys that I find attractive are the pretty boys like Hanson & Nelson, so I think it is more because they look like girls.

The women at the office say I am bad at picking the cute guys.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I am totally comfortable with my heterosexuality.

I have gay friends, hell one of they guys I have known for years from high school is gay.

His coming out to me went something like this.

Him: Well XXXXX its really hard to talk about this.
Me: Just do it, don't beat around the bush (good setup for someone coming out)
Him: Well I am gay.
Me: I know, I probably knew that before you did.
Him : you did?
Me: Sure, all the signs are there, you just have to read them. Don't worry man, it is all good, and if anyone ever gives you shit for it I still got your back.

He is a good friend regardless of his lifestyle choice, has never stabbed me in the back, don't have to worry about him cheating with my GFs, he is a stand up guy, and has more than once gone out of his way to help me out. There has always been an unspoken rule that he tells all his friends that I am not gay so no confusion ensues. Known him for probably ten years and never had a problem.

I totally do not care what other people think, Sometimes I probably should, but still its hard to give a fuck.

ETA: I can look at other guys, and its more a matter of I can see how they would be considered attractive, not that I actually find them attractive.

Like brad pitt, hell I hope I look that good when I am 40.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Me: I still got your back.

Your choice of words almost sound like an invite to him... just kidding.

We suspect my best friend's brother is gay... even my best friend has his doubts about his "preference". I kind of wish he woudl just come out with it already so all the guessing would be done with and we could just accept it. I would have no problem with it...
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#39]
I know plenty of straight, bi and homosexual males and females, so I guess I am comfortable with my sexuality. I don't have any problem at all saying a guy or girl is attractive. Being a former photographer, I look beyond it all and just look at the form of people.
To answer the question, I guess if I could change my looks, I'd prefer to look similar to Tom Cruise. I  look ALOT like Ray Romano from the TV show "Everybody Loves Raymond", and have been stopped at the Mall several times.

Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Did you the one about the gay midget?
He came out of the cupboard.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Lets put it this way.  I kissed Striker (or was it Sweep?) at the 2003 saturday night GunStock dinner in from of 200+ ARFCOM members.

SGtar15

Ok not only is that gay as hell........but your a slut too
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I  look ALOT like Ray Romano from the TV show "Everybody Loves Raymond", and have been stopped at the Mall several times.

I have always thought Zach Braff from Scrubs looks like a younger Ray Romano.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

Kissing another man is only gay if you tongue them

But you already knew that....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGtar15

Kissing another man is only gay if you tongue them

But you already knew that....

SGtar15

Well I didn't see the act so I'll conced your point on the tongue thing. But if you kiss a man and can't remember who [Sweep or Striker]..... that sir is pretty slutty.

OR is what your saying is Sweep or Striker are bad kissers
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm perfectly comfortable with saying "Yes, that is an attractive man."  
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:33:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Well I didn't see the act so I'll conced your point on the tongue thing. But if you kiss a man and can't remember who [Sweep or Striker]..... that sir is pretty slutty.

Okay, I'll give you that..I'm a slut

And no, they were not a good kisser...he actually moved away like he was scared of kissing another man...I just don't understand why....

..maybe he protest too much???

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I am comfortable with my heterosexuality.
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#49]
sure but i never do.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2004 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, I'll give you that..I'm a slut

And no, they were not a good kisser...he actually moved away like he was scared of kissing another man...I just don't understand why....

..maybe he protest too much???

Sgtar15

Funny that.......huh

of course maybe he is just shy

A drag queen friend told me once that the only difference between gay and str8.......was about a 12 pack.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top