Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2001 5:14:08 PM EDT
on msnbc at 10:00pm est.

incase anyone is interested
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, MSNBC seems to be enamored of this report.  They show it almost weekly, it seems.  All that juicy footage of criminals using those evil fully-automatic assault rifles against an underequipped police force.  

If they keep it up, there'll be a dedicated cable channel that shows the report 24/7/365, except for the HCI, VPC, and other gun-grabber commercials.

Remember, for propaganda to be effective you have to keep the point simple and repeat, repeat, repeat!

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The next one they are having is work place shooting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I can't get enough of that footage. Suprisingly I still don't have it on tape, otherwise I'd probably watch it over, and over, and over, and over......
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
they said the steel core 7.62x39mm was designed to take out heavy tanks! They also said it could take out targets 1600 yards away.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AK Fan:
they said the steel core 7.62x39mm was designed to take out heavy tanks! They also said it could take out targets 1600 yards away.
View Quote

This is called "accuracy in reporting".  And "unbiased journalism".

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish there was a word to describe MSNBC. Oh yeah, found it "Fuckingretarded."

radioman
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's some interesting info for you guys: I use to live in SoCal... I was working about 4 blocks away when all that happened. You could see the swarm of news and PD helis buzzin' around. It gets better:
I later took a job with Walt Disney Imagineering (don't get me started), and worked side by side with, and got to be good friends with,  none other than Mike Horen and Barry Golding, the two civilians in the parking lot. They had gone out for lunch, and like most of us do, stopped at an ATM to get some cash for the meal. Mike has one helluva bad scar on the inside of his left tricep (exit wound)... That's what a bunch of 7.62 Russkie short and surgery will get ya.
Now, where's this going, you ask? I own guns. Lots of other guys we worked with owned 'em too. This came up now and then. Mike and Barry never had a negative word to say about private firearms ownership. They didn't try to sue any gun makers, or the police for letting them get shot, etc. A testament to intelligence and human resolve (not to mention basic f&*(ing common sense), IMUWO.
However, some cop, who gets wounded doing his job, tries to sue a gun maker for getting wounded in the line of duty. What's going on here? LEO's don't they tell you what could happen when you take the job? (Disclaimer: This is not meant to bash LEO's of any sort. You guys have my utmost respect, and I'd never want to do your job.) Equally disturbing is some f"%$ing ambulance chaser of an attorney trying to sue the LAPD for letting that sorry-ass die. (Disclaimer: This is meant in every way to offend any criminal or would-be wrongful user of an SUR). Hey, guess that (was) life in L.A.

Rant mode off.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I especially liked the part where the last critter's family filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the LAPD because they directed paramedics to tend wounded civilians/cops instead of taking care of the poor perpetrator who was lying in the street shot up after shooting it out toe to toe with the cops. Only in California would the jury have been hung. If the judge had any balls, he would have thrown out the suit before it got to the jury and fined the plaintiff's six figures for bringing the suit, and referred their lawyer to the disciplinary committee for disbarment.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AK Fan:
The next one they are having is work place shooting.
View Quote

They are billing this as the "second leading cause of death in the work place". Talk about blowing things out of proportion to work place accidents / diseases caused by the work place.

Also the story said that they went to trial in Feburary of 2000. What was the out come of the case?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top