Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 10:56:15 PM EDT
Anyone own or familiar with the Gibbs Quest II Extreme Carbine?

[url]www.gibbsrifle.com/sport.html[/url]

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#1]
INTERESTING TO ME TOO.
I'd like to hear from an actual owner of a Gibbs to see if these rifles really are what they claim to be.
Cosmetically, they look great. But it's the guts that I want to know about.
Not too many people seem to be buying 'em.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 4:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
This rifle is nothing more than the 2A or Enfield prettied up.Both of the above are one of the best bolt military rifles made.The 2A is a 308 version of the #1 Enfield.These were new rifles made in India.They did use parts from there 1950's #1.
India and Austrailia never switched to the #4.

Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I own a model 7 carbine......i did have a problem with thier wokmanship on 2 minor items, which i easily solved myself....overall i am very pleased with it and well worth the cost. as armalite fan says, it is a 2a enfield, so you don`t have to worry about strength. just look over the particular gun you intend to buy.....what impressed me is the condition of the bore/rifling....excellent....i looked at the nickle plated one also, but the 7 is good enough.....good luck......[smoke]...p.s. a LOT of fun especially with any surplus ammo.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought 3 of their cut down No4's and the workmanship was (be diplomatic now Noname) kinda a lot like the fine quality that Century has been known to produce...
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought 3 of their cut down No4's and the workmanship was (be diplomatic now Noname) kinda a lot like the fine quality that Century has been known to produce...
View Quote

That is a shame, as I thought this might be a good put 'er away wet rifle....time to start looking again. Does it ever end?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have no firsthand expierience with it, so can't comment except to say rifles with rear sights of this type just don't work well with my eyes anymore.  Give me a rear peep aperture or scope instead.  safe shooting
View Quote
                                        The rear sight was one problem with the one i have......solution, old williams peep sight...............[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one of the original Quest I guns (.303 Brit) and have had great success with it.  Accurate, good workmanship, fun to shoot.  For the price, they are hard to beat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top