Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 7:35:09 AM EDT
I'm sure that you have heard all the Redneck jokes. Here are some takes on
how Southern folks look at their Northern cousins:

YOU JUST MIGHT BE A "BLUENECK" if . . . . .
1. You think barbecue is a verb meaning, "to cook outside."
2. You think Heinz Ketchup is really SPICY!
3. You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.
4. For breakfast, you would prefer potato au gratin to grits
5. You don't know what a moon pie is
6. You've never had an RC cola
7. You've never, ever, eaten okra, fried or boiled
8. You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork
9. The only cows you've seen are on road trips
10. You have no idea what a polecat is
11. You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on a poodle
12. You don't have bangs
13. You would rather vacation at Martha's Vineyard than Six Flags
14. More than two generations of your family have been kicked out of the same prep school in Connecticut
15. You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show
16. Instead of referring to two or more people as "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women
17. You don't think Ted Kennedy has an accent
18. You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-n-knife show
19. You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach
20. You don't have at least one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house
21. The last time you smiled was when you prevented someone from getting on an on-ramp to the highway
22. You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores
23. The farthest south you've ever been is the perfume counter at Neiman Marcus
24. You call binoculars opera glasses
25. You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping
26. You would never wear pink or an appliqué sweatshirt
27. You don't know what appliqué is
28. You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice, et al)
29. You don't have doilies, and you certainly don't know how to make one
30. You've never been to a craft show
31. You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you
32. You can do your laundry without quarters
33. None of your fur coats are homemade
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#1]
[sleep]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you are funny. I love the post
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone, feel good and thank your lucky stars that you are not in California like goode sire Radioman here.

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

My kids just asked me tonight what a polecat is. Can someone enlighten me? Is it along the same lines as a civet cat?
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Big Guns,

I was with you until you got to the part about wearing pink an aplikay and I don't think there are any subways in Michigan other than the sandwich shops.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

My kids just asked me tonight what a polecat is. Can someone enlighten me? Is it along the same lines as a civet cat?
View Quote

[:D]  It's a skunk.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
For a short period of time when I lived in Ohio we lived on what used to be a farm.  We just had a nice big house with a couple of small buildings and a pretty big barn.

There were one or more ground hogs that had started to tunnel under the barn.  If you’ve seen a fallen barn that’s one of the main causes.

So, I set a leg trap for the ground hog and went to school the next morning.  My grand parents were visiting and when I got home from school my grandpa was telling me about having to get this polecat out of the barn.  It took me a minute to realize that I had trapped a skunk!  I guess it’s an entirely different smell when you get up close and personal!  

He climbed up in the loft and leaned over the side and killed it with a long board.  After I got out of his sight I LMAO.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I was out hunting in Oklahoma years ago, and saw a skunk with reversed colors....white body with a black stripe...I think that's a Civet Cat..it was different for sure...
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Hee-Hee [@:D] I got your rainbow!

I learned not to kill anything I didn't want to eat after my dad made me clean and eat an armadillo I shot.  My brother was kind enough to fetch it for me.  I now make careful choices when deciding what varmints I shoot! [8D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top