User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 1:40:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You might already know this, so if this is old news ignore it, but even though most people believe that the one piece mount is more stable and stiffer, it has been proven that two piece mounts are just as accurate and reliable.  This said, I'm not sure I have seen a two piece quick detach mount?  I for one still look for a 1 piece mount when buying for my hunting rifles, but do have several two piece mounts.  Come to think of it, I believe my father's safari grade 700's have two piece QD Leupold bases.  They seem to hold their zeros perfectly even with the .416rem, .338win, and .375HHmag calibers.
guns762
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased a Precision Reflex 1 piece base for a Remington 700 about 2 weeks ago and the fit,finish,and machining on it is excellent.I'm using Leupold Mark 4 rings.Have you considered trying a different set of rings on it?
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
FrankSquid:If you want a 1 piece base,I wouldn't write off the Precision Reflex base.Although it's possible that his base slipped through QC,I would have sent it back to Brownells,explained the problem and waited to hear what they and/or Precision Reflex could do about it before I dismiss their products and dealers.I DO have one of their bases and it is top shelf.I would have preferred to use a Leupold Mark 4 1 piece base(I have their 2 piece Mark 4 bases and rings on a Model 70 Winchester),but I have a long action PSS (7mm Rem.Mag.)and Leupold only has the 1 piece Mark 4 base for short action Remingtons......so I bought the PRI base,and I like it alot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 2:06:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top