Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2001 3:23:37 PM EDT
I am A Chiropractor and I was wondering how many of you have been to see your Back Doc.

Dont worry your reply does not obligate you to repeated replies over a specified period of time. Ha Ha

Dr. Cooper
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Never. I'm 19 and there is a history of back problems in my family.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen many chiropractors in my life. I injured my back when I was 16 playing football in highschool. I know alot of people think they are quacks but I for one am a firm believer in them. There have been times when I have been hurting so bad that I was carried into a chiropractors office by two people and I left the office walking on my own two feet. I'm not saying that they can cure all back injuries but they have done my back a world of wonder.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Just went to see my chiropractor today - he is helping me with back trouble... I have seen chiropractors before and will continue to have them as an option.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
It took a chiropractor to find that my dislocated shoulder had not been put back in properly. If he had not done this, then there cold have been serious problems down the line. When it comes to bone alignment and feeling better, you bet a chiropractor is the way to go.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Radioman,
Theres no time like the present. Prevent a problem now while you are young and dance the tango when you are 80.

Nighthawk,
Great to hear your supportive. I love my job. Chiropractors are the only type of doctor I know of that send their patients away feeling better than when they arrived. Can't say that about the M.D.s
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably put at least one of my Chiro's kids through school.

Link Posted: 5/23/2001 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello Sir.......glad to see you found the board and joined up again.

I see one too much sometimes LOL but hey........we both know he is a pretty okay kinda guy.

See ya Coop
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Troy,
I know What you mean about the managed care industry. The seem to equate drug-free with free of charge.
I am a graduate of Logan College of Chiropractic in Chesterfield, MO (STL). Logan is consitantly ranked in the top 3 schools in the nation. The curriculum is still very subluxation based with alot of emphasis on adjusting and Chiropractic technique. There are electives in physical therapy of which I took many but I am VERY strong philisophically and use the PT as an adjunctive therapy not the primary treatment.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't follow in your Dad's footsteps. We can always use an intelligent voice and strong personality.

One day you may log on and my rant mode on thread Re: insurance companies; taking the decisions out of your doctor's hand and putting them in the hands of the accountant. Or How to run a managed care system without trained doctors.

I have to say I am delighted by the positive responses to this thread. You guys are swithed on!
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey X-kill,
Yeah I found the new board. Thanks for remembering. How are things in the Vol state?
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw a chiropractor regarding an injury while wrestling. He fixed me right up. 1 hour before I visited him, I could not move my arm on pain of, well... extreme pain. But after he cricked and cracked a bit, I had full motion return. Of course, the injury to the muscle still remained, but I just had to take it easy in practice.

Watch out for quacks, though!
Had a different, lesser known doctor work on me once (from the same clinic!) and he just made things worse.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Chiropractor, Well....If I had a choice I would marry one...I just wish I could afford weekly treatment...There is nothing quite like a good back and neck adjustment. Instead, I bought a inversion rack with boots...It helps when I really get out of wack!
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am A Chiropractor and I was wondering how many of you have been to see your Back Doc.

Dont worry your reply does not obligate you to repeated replies over a specified period of time. Ha Ha

Dr. Cooper
View Quote

Me. Or at least I use to back when I was in CA. I have had a bad back due to a fall I had back in the late eighties. All the MD's did was just gave me meds. Although I like Flexeril it was not helping. I started seeing a Chiropractor and it did wonders. NO more stiff back, no shooting pains, and I was more flexible. Looking for another one here in TX, but I might not be able to afford it though. Really don't need the reg treatment just the occassional adjustment every now and again. Know of any Kraker?
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Kracker,

I have never seen a Chiropractor, but my wife has, and they helped her.

I am a Podiatry student, and we are one of the other fields that generally sends the patients away feeling better.

I do have a question--I once read an article about Chiropractic with a negative slant.  It was relatively informative--the way I understand it that Classic Chiropractic is based on all illness being due to spinal subluxations (mis-alignments, correct?).  However the article said there was no documented studies (blind/double blind, etc.) showing this in a scientific fashion.  The article also implied that there is no documentable existance of many of these subluxations (except in the mind of the Chiropractor). I am well aware of the success of Chiropractors in treating chronic back pain, and the (slowly fading) historic resistance of Allopathic Medicine to the Chiropractor (the Podiatry vs. Orthopod. rivalry is similar, and also finally starting to go away)

I try to keep an open mind.  I don't have much free time now with studying for boards this summer but I would be interested in learning or reading more objective info on Chiropractic.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have seen many chiropractors in my life. I injured my back when I was 16 playing football in highschool. I know alot of people think they are quacks but I for one am a firm believer in them. There have been times when I have been hurting so bad that I was carried into a chiropractors office by two people and I left the office walking on my own two feet. I'm not saying that they can cure all back injuries but they have done my back a world of wonder.
View Quote
                                              This is my story also, except i did not get to the backcrack til about 29yrs old! i hav`nt been in a while, but have needed chiro care a lot in the past....interesting, our family doctor and a family i was (am) very close to was dr. cooper....one of the ten children, one of my still best friends (dr. cooper) is a psychologist....his older brother (dr. cooper) was/is head of surgery in elmira n.y........(who cares i know)......
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]
2-3 times a year
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey X-kill,
Yeah I found the new board. Thanks for remembering. How are things in the Vol state?
View Quote

Nothing to compalin about.

Guess you're staying fairly busy these days huh?

Hope so.

Man, if you could find a way for AR15.com addicts to get treated for their subluxations while being on-line in you roffice you might just coast easy.

Look me up if you ever get down this way.

I'll tell Wilks that I spoke wiht ya.

Link Posted: 5/24/2001 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for all the responses. This board is certainly very informed and very pro-chiropractic. I am always here to answer questions about Chiropreactic, back problems, and whatever else you can think of.

HANGFIRE, Lordtrader, and AFARR should check your E-mail.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I am a huge fan of chiropractors, both because I have scoliosis and because my doc has been a great help while I trained for triathlons!  I've always seen significant improvement after each visit.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Kracker: at least once every other month. three pinched nerves and wiplash.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:21:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Once.
Fixed my facets.
Had to have a back operation 2 years later[:(]

No fault of the Chiro, tho.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#23]
I just got started back with a new Chiro recently. He does my back a world of good but not my checkbook (lousy insurance)!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top