Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2001 8:21:04 PM EDT
I recently picked up a real nice used Beretta 92FS 9mm.
The gun shoots 100% and I'm looking to "soup it up" a little...

Who sells barrels for this gun???
What should I be looking for???
Stainless???
I'd like a ported barrel too...

Also, is there any conversion kits available to upgrade to .40 cal???
or just go with a model 96...
...Just wondering...
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never bought anything here but it looks like they got some good stuff. I was thinking about getting one of the buffers for my Taurus PT-101. BTW does anyone know what all is interchangeable between the Baretta and the Taurus?
[url]www.norecoil.com/abarrel.htm
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
According to Beretta you can not convert the 92 to a 96. Best thing you could do aside from better barrel is to replace the recoil spring with a stiffer one form wolf gun springs. And get the INS trigger conversion from them as well.

It is a mild shooter as it is, but with a stiffer spring and a recoil buffer from Brownells, follow up shots are faster.

Just dont get too stiff a spring, or you will have ejection problems. Stock spring is 13#, I went with a 15# and it works great.
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
If you must have a ported barrel, get a 6" barrel from Bar-sto or Jarvis and have it ported.  Stay away from the pre-ported barrels from Federal Arms- they're crap.  You get what you pay for in barrels.

And you can't upgrade a 9mm Beretta to a .40.  If you want a .40, get a 96G Elite or Elite II.  Beretta made some smart modifications to those models.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top