Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2001 6:24:18 PM EDT
Sorry for the off-topic post, but AK-47.net is down for the count. I've just ordered an RPK windage-adjustable rear sight from TAPCO. How do I replace the standard rear sight on my SAR-2 with this one? HELP!
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
its easy but a pain in the butt!!   I did mine with a simple thin blade scredriver but there are better ways.  if you look at the new sight you will see it had small round protrusions on on each side of the sight and the one on the rifle is the same. the sight base on your ak is very strong and you press down on the sight to compress the leaf spring tel it moves to engage the slot and it pops right out. (you can see the slot the sight rides in on the base and then its pretty self explanitory after that). after that just reverse process but its harder to get back it because you have to compress the leaf spring to get it started in the slot . work on it and it may take awhile but it will go
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Are there any AK armorer's who use a tool to do this?

RPK sight owning lib who cant intall his part
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Now ain't this strange? Asking for help for a AK fix on an AR site and getting linked to an FN board for suggestions. One big happy family!!!
[:D][X][}:D][):)][%(]

[url]http://www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=008228[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top