Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2001 3:27:01 PM EDT
I have sold over 80 Hi-Points this year. Yes I hate them but if it sells and I don't have trouble with it I'll keep it for my customers.
We have not had One single gun brought back for any reason. I know you guys think I'm kidding but this is no Shit!!!
I can't believe it myself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
 My Dad loves his fixed barel= acurate. pluse for under 150 just throw it away and buy a new one if something hapens. He has put 1000rnds through it with out a major problem.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The things are just so damned ugly I couldn't possibly bare to own one, handgun or carbine their looks forces me to turn my head.

As for quality control, I witnessed one come straight ouf of the box with a cracked grip panel and the comment from the shop worker is that it was the 2nd one they've had delivered like that.   Doesn't hint at their ability to function though.

If it's cheap and it works then for those that buy them for those reasons it's perfectly fine with me.   I laugh my ass off though at the thought of a HiPoint "comped" gun.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never shot their pistols, but I've owned a carbine since they first came out. It's not pretty but it never jams and is accurate enough for plinking when you want to shoot something bigger than a .22. My friends call it my Planet of the Apes gun. I think they're just jealous! [:)]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys don't make fun of the comp model It's a great seller. You can shoot a match and spend more on ammo than you did on your pistol.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one. It's accurate and reliable and blocky and ugly.
I know three other gun collector who have them too. none of us have ever had a problem with them.

BTW: a Hogue "Handall" slip on grip improves the feel of them greatly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Have a friend who bought one the 9mm carbine it shot well and was pretty accurate not bad for 180 bucks no jams either maybe he just got lucky 1.5 groups at 25
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I've heard the Hi-Point pistols suck.  The carbines on the other hand are top notch.  I wish I hadn;t got rid of mine.  A cheap rifle that shoots cheap 9mm ammo is loads of fun.  I've actually seen a few cops carrying these things on duty.  If you could only get a magazine bigger than 10 rounds for the damn things.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Reminds me of when I was shooting one day at the on-base range.  Guy next to me is shooting a pistol with laser sight.  Looked kinda cool as I saw it in my peripheral, figured it was a "brand name" weapon of some sort.

He strikes up a conversation about how he likes my USPC and Glock, but really likes this new gun he has.  Now's my chance to check out what he's got.

"Yeah, I really like it.  Just got it with the laser, and I wanted to try it out.  You wanna try it ?"

I'm looking at it, thinking "What the f#$k IS this ?"  Can't remember if it was a Lorcin or a Hi-Point, but I do remember that it LOOKED like a piece of s*%t.

"Naw, that's alright.  But thanks anyway."

Just like we all can't have prebans, we all can't have the HKs and Glocks.  Had to give him that "A" for effort ....

Chris
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I have heard really good things about the Carbines. I heard they are very accurate. And decking one out could be kinda cool. I just could not bring my self to buy that ugly gun.
[%(]

Six
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, MY Hi Point carbine works very good, and is better than decent in accuracy.  Not like my modified 10/22, but not bad at all.  The only thing I've noticed being a problem is mag usage.  I went to the range one day, and every round jammed.  It was fire, clear jam, fire, clear jam. . . .

Well, I discovered the problem.  It was with the brand of mag I was using.  I was using Pro Mag magazines when all the jams occured.  However, when I switched to the factory mags, . . . . . . .not one jam then!  Wish I had more than just two of them now.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2001 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I shot out the barrel of my carbine to the extent that a 9mm bullet would slide all the way in the muzzle and could be spun around easily without engaging the rifling.  Accuracy degraded from pretty darn good when the gun was new to 5" groups at 25 yards.  I have less than 1000 rounds in this gun, so the barrel must have been made out of very soft steel.  

I recently sent the gun back for a new barrel under the "no questions asked" warranty.  We will see if they fulfil their promises.

I like to shoot the gun indoors in the winter.  It is ugly, but reliable and generally accurate.

Link Posted: 6/2/2001 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#13]
i have both the comped 9mm pistol and the carbine. The pistol jams alot more than i would like but is still relatively accurate at 25 yards. The carbine however is the best 150 bucks i have ever spent. My only complaint is the 10 round mag. At 25 yards i can get under a 2" group as fast as i can empty the mag with open sights, every time. It may not be the best looking gun, but as long as i can keep getting groups like this, i will be happy. The bolt handle is on the left hand side along with the safety, so it does make me think that i got a left handed model if that is possible or maybe they are all that way. Is only jams when dirty and this is using cheap wolf ammo
-jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top