Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 6:16:08 PM EDT
HI Guys, IM a regular here but I didn't want to post this under My name. I know this guy who is a felon and living in a house with guns in it. What is the legality of this? Can he get in to trouble for living there? I go golfing with his PO and I know that My name would be kept out of it if I was to say something. I don't like the guy at all but I get along with his roommate. Could his roommate get into any trouble? His roommate is a very good Guy and will help anyone to a fault.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a bitch. I don't know what I would do but mabe warn the roommate of what is ahead.I don't think that the roomate would get into trouble. but don't quote me on that
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on state law, but in most states a convicted felon cannot live in a house where there are firearms.  I doubt if the roommate could get into trouble, unless he knew the guy was a felon and intentionally let him play with the guns.  Some states don't care if the guns belong to a roommate and the felon has absolutely no access to them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#3]
For me, personally, it would depend on what the felony was.  If he's a child molester, I'd fry the creep any way I could.  If his "felony" was possession of a post-ban lower in the same room as a pre-ban upper or some such bs, I'd cover his ass any way I could.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on what he did.  Child molestor or rapist, I'd have ratted him out the first day.  Wrong number of evil features, I wouldnt say anything.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#5]
G. Gordon Liddy, a convicted felon, discussed this issue.  It comes down to the legal definition of "possession."  All his firearms are now in the "possession" of his wife.  However, she lets him shoot them at the range.

Use common sense.  If the felon is a violent offender, then my tolerance would be much lower.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends on the crime. With one new gun law passed you to can become a felon.

Sniper out!
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:24:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I know of a felon who had guns in his trailer house with him-which of course he was not supposed to have.  I believe he got 20 years for it.  Not to mention the fucking piece of shit killed a local convenience store clerk and got away with it.  The FBI searched his land and found HUMAN TEETH in his fire pit.  They were too burned to get any positive ID.  What bullshit-the fuck  had teeth in his pit-if they weren't heres then who's were they?!?! Fucks like this I would gladly pull the trigger on.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#8]
If he is a felon and has not had his gun owning rights restored than he cannot live in a house with that has firearms in it.  A friend of mine is serving 2 1/2 years because he was a felon and his wife owned an SKS.  The judge told my friend that he thought the SKS was his and that the only reason he had it was to kill people.  

He had a felony from 10 years prior, no trouble since, and was running his own business.  One of his supplies got in trouble with the ATF for illegal fireworks and since my friend had bought large quantities of legal items from him, they raided his home just to make sure he wasn't involved.  Well the ATF found the SKS in a closet and arrested him.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know of a felon who had guns in his trailer house with him-which of course he was not supposed to have.  I believe he got 20 years for it.  Not to mention the fucking piece of shit killed a local convenience store clerk and got away with it.  The FBI searched his land and found HUMAN TEETH in his fire pit.  They were too burned to get any positive ID.  What bullshit-the fuck  had teeth in his pit-if they weren't heres then who's were they?!?! Fucks like this I would gladly pull the trigger on.
View Quote
hey where are you in Wi?
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#10]
west-I am talking of that POS that killed that Porieere (sp) girl.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Depends on [b]state law[/b], but in most states a convicted felon cannot live in a house where there are firearms
View Quote

Methinks the law prohibiting "possession" of firearms by a "felon" is a [b]federal[/b] law.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a federal law to that effect, but it can only be enforced by federal agents, who would only bother if it was on the coattails of another charge.  He would be much more likely to get arrested under a state statute, which would not necessarily mirror federal law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top