Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2001 12:41:36 PM EDT
To go along with and store my LEGP, I am placing an order for a Classic 36 safe from National Security. However, I still can't decide which lock to get. I like the looks of the mechanical over the electronic. But I also like the quick access of the electronic over the mechanical. What do you use and what are the +'s and -'s to the 2 locks?

Durability?
Reliability?
Battery life?
Ease of access?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The old site had some great info on both locks.  I believe someone had some good info on why to NOT Get the electronic lock.  

I wanted ease so I opted for the electronic.  I have a master combo and something like 6 other combinations I can have.  It has 2 batteries 9v and they should easily last over a year.  I will probably replace them each year.

---
Remember always keep a WORKING flashlight ontop of your safe so you won't be  [xx(]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going to get a safe this week and I am going to get the tumbler combo. The salesman showed me why he doesn't like the electro setup. Someone had pulled the battery and wiring out of the electro lock and he said they couldn't get into that safe. With the tumbler combo I plan on using the key most of the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top