Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2001 8:22:23 AM EDT
well, this has some relevence. if the un votes to boot all free firearms owning nations, and america goes, could we take them in a future conflict.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#1]
no they outnumber us are technology is better but JANES weekly has some pretty high tech stuff stuff the U.S. dosnt buy because of money but all out war we are outnumbered. need to buy ammo for my ar
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#2]
By "them" you mean the whole world?  Get real.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#3]
WTF, they get $10 billion each and every year from us.  The next closest country gives almost $1 billion.  

It's not good to bite the hand that feeds you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Uh...
Are you actually assuming that the U.N.
could actually find support from enough member nations, who are not busy fighting each other, to assemble a force with the intention of  attacking the U.S.?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#5]
You can bite the hand that feeds you if you have them lulled into your propaganda. Within the last month the UN voted the United States off of the Human Rights Commission as well as the drug monitoring board. Pakistan, Iran, Cuba and others remain on these Commissions. This means that they will decide what a violation of Human rights is without the input of the US. Even after this we have not disban ourselves from the UN. What if the UN decides that owning a gun is detrimental to world wide peace and therefore any nation who possess them is guilty of a human rights violation? Hmmmmmmmmm How long until the U.S. is guilty?
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
Uh...
Are you actually assuming that the U.N.
could actually find support from enough member nations, who are not busy fighting each other, to assemble a force with the intention of  attacking the U.S.?
View Quote

thats kinda what i was thinking. maybe if we leave the un they will disband with out the driving force of americian "sunshine"
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
While I consider the UN a threat to
US soveriegnty, I am not overly concerned about UN military action.  Without the Russkis or Chinese, the average UN trooper couldn't pour piss out of a boot - with the instructions printed on the heel.  If the Chinese involve themselves, consider this:  If you divide the amount of ammo on hand by the avg. number of rounds expended per kill, then compare that to the Chinese army - WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH AMMO TO KILL THEM ALL!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
No, we could'nt make babies fast enough, too many of them.[bouce]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT- We could take them as long as American citizens remain armed.  Most of us would fight like mad to keep the US free!
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
View Quote

Hey, speak for YOURSELF! [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
View Quote

Hey, speak for YOURSELF! [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex] [sex]
View Quote

Now that.........that is funny......
[sex]  [sex]  [sex]  [sex]  [sex]  [sex]  [sex]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:While I consider the UN a threat to
US soveriegnty, I am not overly concerned about UN military action.  Without the Russkis or Chinese, the average UN trooper couldn't pour piss out of a boot - with the instructions printed on the heel.  If the Chinese involve themselves, consider this:  If you divide the amount of ammo on hand by the avg. number of rounds expended per kill, then compare that to the Chinese army - WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH AMMO TO KILL THEM ALL!
View Quote

I'd first like to see some hard numbers to support the last statement. Also, remember, it would be the combined effort of the entire US military, the Reserves, the entire National Guard System, and about 80 million or more citizens that would fight off an attempt to invade this country. Plus the gun owners could easily arm the rest of the country if need be. Then there would be the problem of controlling the entire population of the US, even if they won. It would be a Pyrrhic Victory, it would be way to high a price to pay to keep us in submission.
Of course, the UN's policies of disarmament, not only of the citizenry, but of the armed forces as well, anything is hypothetically possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top