Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2001 8:49:18 PM EDT
Sorry but have to vent before I shoot something in the house.
Ok, I was reading the "farting" post and it got me a tad hungry so I ran up to Taco Bell to get some gas. While I pulled in a white car comming from other direction pulled in on the other side of store and I guess they thought they were racing me to the drive thru. But I won and didn't know we were on a beat the other car there game. I pulled up to the speaker and was placing my order and in the mean time I could see them (4) guys yelling at me all kinds of names. I hear the white trash from them several times and yes the are black but who give a crap anyway. And after I don't make eye contact with them I hear a loud thud on my car. I knew they did something but what? I kept my eye on them in the side view mirrow all of the time. Thinking my Kimber is under my right leg and must retain my urge to get out and open up on the Toyota's hood! I just pull up and pay for the food and seen they had friends working at the Bell. Oh great! I thought. I don't think their friends working there knew what was going on so I wasn't to worried about spit in my food or worse. I told the nice girl at the window "I wish I knew what they just threw at my car" She was shocked and knew that I knew that they (bad guys) knew the guys working there.
So I just bit my lip till I pulled out and down the road to stop and see what in the hell they threw at my car. Got out and it was freeking food all over my trunk! I almost went back and was going to unload my soft tacos on them. But once again I value my keeping my firearms and remembered I had my 2 AR's and my M1A in the trunk as well. (going shooting Sun) I just came home and choked down the grub and smoked a joe and had to vent to someone.

Freeking race relations suck here as well.
small town of Danville, Ky.!

I tink I will call the Bell tomorrow and talk with the Manager about all of the employees buds hanging out in the drive thru and tossing $hit at my car.

Ok, I'm doing better now.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
This is great for post-event "Fantasy Scenario" stuff.  I APPLAUD your decision to NOT do anything.  THAT took a lotta balls.  Not as much as eating the food afterward, mind you, but still, a lotta balls!
Just think of how much fun it woulda been to open the trunk and pull out the AR...WHAT do you think they would've looked like when they saw the White Guy with the Black Rifle!? You could've walked to the drivers' door and asked, "Is this the DRIVE-BY WINDOW, sucka?"
Actually, I know how you felt, and it doesn't have anything to do with the other guys' color, as assholes come in every color.
The hardest thing to do when some idiot challenges you to the parking place, drive-up window, grocery store line, or WHATEVER, is to look at them and OVER-GESTURE the "go ahead".  It makes them look stupid, feel stupid and like they lost the fight, and it gives you the chance to sit BEHIND THEM.  They have lost the upper hand, because YOU LET them go first.
The old saying is--- "Now you've got me just where I want you!"
Remember that next time and mentally record the reactions.  It's a freakin' blast!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
See what happens when you don't carry mace? Had you had a nice odds evener like a trusty can of mace you could have stepped from your vehicle and asked them to clean off your car. They would have either complied or rushed you. At such time as the odds are against you, you simply spray and let the boot party begin. What cop in his right mind would detain you for defending yourself against 4 assailants who first vandalized and then attempted to assault you?
I can't believe you ate the food!! Anyway, since you were unprepared, I too commend you on your restraint. Buy some mace.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:19:40 AM EDT
[#4]
In my younger days I had a second windshield washer tank, pump, and spray nozzle hooked up in my car. I had the spray nozzle mounted on the left rear of my car, pointing up and in. I used to fill it full of piss, and when I was being hasseled by someone from behind or tailgated I would just flip the switch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:33:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, jerks come in all colors!

You did best by keeping your cool.

I believe that you reap what you sow and they will get theirs soon enough. People like this usually do.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Yo QieromTaco Bell ?  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:51:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You are TEN TIMES the man these losers will ever be.  You know what the best revenge is?  Knowing that these jokers have to lead the lives they deserve!  

A credit to responsible adults and gunowners both - give yourself a big pat on the back!

The only thing you did wrong - going to Taco Hell to get gas - you need to go to White Castle if you want some mean gas!!!

View Quote

Those onions do it every time...........
LOL
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 2:30:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Been there, It's tough sometimes, some people are just bound and determined to not let you go about your business in peace.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys for the pat on the back. It took all I had not to do "something"! As stated they will get theirs in time.[:)]

Clearfire, PISS? man the is just down right rude! But I like it! You sir are a creative mind at work.

SIDE NOTE: I woke up full of gas today!!!!! Glad we don't have a White Castle in town. I would have had I huge duch oven thing going this morning. oops.....whew...still going strong now. I think I will be right back. gotta grab the guns & ammo mag.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:14:31 AM EDT
[#10]
This is the funniest post I've read in a long time!

I was reading the "farting" post and it got me a tad hungry
View Quote

and

Thinking my Kimber is under my right leg and must retain my urge to get out and open up on the Toyota's hood!
View Quote

and the winner:

Got out and it was freeking food all over my trunk! I almost went back and was going to unload my soft tacos on them.
View Quote

LMAO
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:16:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought only whites used racial slurs? That's what I hear on TV at least.

You did the right thing. Being armed, you cannot afford to open a can of whoop ass or anything like that. And it's much harder to bite you tongue and leave, especially when you're riled up and a little po'd.

Since I caught e-coli at Taco Smell in 1996, I don't eat there anymore. That was your only mistake. :)
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 4:25:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Stubbs, It was NOT funny at all at the time I posted this!

But now how you laid it out for me to see it. You are right! Thanks for making me LOL at myself.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I guess they thought they were racing me to the drive thru
View Quote

Hey Greg3, from what i remember that you drive, it wasn't much of a race, were they driving a Yugo [:)] Or did you get that Cleveland engine back into action? Glad you kept your cool bud!

Edit: Going to have to use the "Spell Checker" option from now on
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#15]
You did the right thing.
The world is full of losers who don't have
a clue who they're messin with.

Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Hey Greg3, from what i remember that you drive, it wasn't much of a race, were they driving a Yugo [:)] Or did you get that Cleveland engine back into action? Glad you kept your cool bud!
View Quote

You are getting old huh? LOL It's a 351 Windsor.
I tend to stay away from the big blocks. Anyway it's still in storage....need to find something to drop it into. Yea, I can't seem to get my new 626 up to speed very quick. Freekin 4 bangers. But good on gas. Now if I had what you got I would have been there and home before they got to the speaker. LOL

Ill give you a yell when I figure out when I am going to Knob Creek  the week after next. OK? I was going out today at a co workers but not now they have to work. Another friend and I are going camping next weekend to a strip mine for 3 days of shooting....gotta save some ammo for that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Greg3, you did exactly the right thing.  And Hatebreed, I have to disagree with you.  Getting out of the car with a can of mace, pepper spray, etc. to confront the morons would have been an extremely stupid thing to do.  Here's how that scenario could easily have gone:

Greg3 gets out of his car to confront the 4 guys with his can of mace.  He asks them very nicely to please clean off his car. They respond with the predictable expletives about his parentage.  He persists. One (or more) of them gets out of the car to argue with him.   One guy gets in his face and says he's going to kick Greg's butt, so Greg maces him, being afraid for his safety.  One of the other guys pulls a gun.  Greg, now being legitimately in fear for his life, pulls that Kimber and shoots the guy.  

No problem, right?  After all, the guy he shot had a weapon, so Greg was reasonably in fear of death or serious physical injury, right?  Read on.

So now the cops show up, point guns at Greg and handcuff him.  They ask everyone  what happened.  The three survivors and their friends in Taco Bell all claim Greg started the whole thing by aggressively cutting them off, then brandishing a gun at them when they complained.  The dead guy, in fear for his life because Greg pulled a gun, pulled his own in self-defense, at which point Greg murdered him.  

Greg now gets to go downtown for questioning, being under arrest for murder.  He calls his attorney, and gives a statement with his attorney present.  He tells his version of the story.  First question the cops ask is, WHY DIDN'T YOU DRIVE AWAY?????  Why in the world would you be so stupid as to confront a carload of aggressive men over some tacos thrown on the trunk of your car?  Would a reasonable person confront a carload of men who had already displayed aggression when he could easily have driven away?  The District Attorney will ask that same question, believe me.

So, let's assume that some objective witnesses come forward to back up Greg's story, after the other three guys in the car fail a polygraph about their story.  The DA may still decide to charge Greg with manslaughter.  Why?  Because he contributed to the altercation that led to the other guy's death.  He had the opportunity to drive away, but he chose to be macho and force a confrontation.  The fact that the other guy pulled a weapon on him doesn't excuse Greg from having forced the confrontation to begin with, and he legally bears some responsibility for its results.

Whether or not Greg gets charged criminally, there's going to be a civil lawsuit filed.  Greg shot a black man over a taco or two, and don't think the civil-rights activists will let that one go.  The dead guy's family will be getting all sorts of free legal assistance, while Greg has to pay for an attorney.  And the plaintiff's attorney will again bring up that thorny issue:  WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST DRIVE AWAY?????  He can easily convince the jury that you contributed to his client's loved one's death through your reckless, irresponsible and overly-aggressive actions, and you just lost your house, your retirement, and your kid's college fund.  Even if you win, you've racked up a couple hundred thousand in debt to clear yourself, and the dead guy's family probably won't owe a penny.

Forget the macho bullshit, Greg did the right thing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I agree that it could happen. I never said he should shoot anyone. You added that little scenario. Here's my take on it.
It is ILLEGAL to vandalize my vehicle. I am not in the wrong to politely ask a CRIMINAL to undo the mess he has made of MY property. If his friends want to fight, great, they get maced and add assault to the list. The one who has a gun gets maced as well and I take his gun and he gets conspiracy to assault w/ a deadly. When the police come they can take the f**kin punks away.
I think it's fine to be responsible and use good judgement. Just because the system favors scumbags like those is a good enough reason for me to stand up for personal property and my own civil rights. No one else is going to. I agree sometimes it is best to drive away, but at what point is enough enough? I mean f**k it was only vandalism right? Had whites behaved this way they would have been charged with ethnic intimidation and been properly disposed of. Maybe next time they will only want your wallet or to have sex with your wife. Better let that go too, in the name of good race relations and political correctness right?
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#20]
And by the way greg, none of that is directed at you. I'm sure you made the right choice. You were in the situation, not me. You know what was the right thing to do. Maybe I would have done the same thing. I was simply pointing out to the other guy, that standing up for yourself is ok too. No one should be a door mat.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe you did the right thing, maybe you didn't. I on the other hand would have handled things differently. But this is coming from a guy with a bad attitude towards bullies. If you back down from them once you'll find yourself backing down from them all the time. I'd rather take a beating in a fight than back down from one. So far I've never had to take a beating. Just lucky I guess, well luck and I fight dirty as hell...LOL But it's all fair in love and WAR. I would have parked where I could have seen them, got on the ol' cell phone and called a few of my brawling buddies to help out with the ass kicking. Their is nothing wrong with ganging up on black guys, they do it all the time to others. Not to mention it's a real stress reliever to kick a man while he's down. Not to mention fun as hell.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#22]
You do what you think is right, Hatebreed- just don't be surprised when you get your butt in a sling.  I've seen these kinds of scenarios in real life, and the guy who is 'just standing up for his rights' usually gets more than he bargained for.  I'm not saying be a doormat for anyone, just use your head.  Pick your battles and use some common sense.  And to equate this incident to them wanting to gang-rape your wife is ludicrous.  This thread is going to crap in a hurry.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Hatebreed, No flame taken.
Nighthawk, I wish you[BD]and your buds were living here.LOL I'm no huge guy. I moved here about 6 months ago so I haven't met many people here. Most of my friends live in Lexington (1 hr. away) I would have fell asleep by the time they got here.
I hate feeling like I can't take matters into my own hands without the fear for going to jail and loosing my rights as a normal citizen of my town. It must be the good life to act like morons (B.G.'s at Taco B.) and feel good about f*cking up my night for the sheer pleasure of it. I know I know they will get theirs in due time.......I hope I am there to see it!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You do what you think is right, Hatebreed- just don't be surprised when you get your butt in a sling.  I've seen these kinds of scenarios in real life, and the guy who is 'just standing up for his rights' usually gets more than he bargained for.  I'm not saying be a doormat for anyone, just use your head.  Pick your battles and use some common sense.  And to equate this incident to them wanting to gang-rape your wife is ludicrous.  This thread is going to crap in a hurry.
View Quote

I have personally never had a problem with the law when I was on the right side of it. If someone wants to harm my person or property then I will defend myself and my property. Sorry you can't see the logic in that. If my differing opinion on how to deal with bullies within the confines of the law "equates" to this thread going to crap then it is a big fat turd. I'm sorry you find it offensive that I was raised to defend myself.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Greg3 - better to stay out of trouble and keep your guns.

Hatebreed and Nighthawk - I didn't say don't try to retaliate if you have the time - I said stay out of trouble.

They have to park that car of theirs somewhere....
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#26]
That's one of the things about carrying a weapon.  When unarmed, I am *much* more inclined to get in people's faces who want to F with me.  When armed, you just gotta turn the other cheek and not let a little situation get bigger.  It takes restraint, which isn't always abundant.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Greg3, I have to give you a lot of credit for keeping your cool!  Jerks like that are just more courageous when they are in numbers!  You can bet if there were only one of them, he would of been quiet.

I would suggest that you order the AR15.com t-shirt and wear it when you go out.  With almost 10,000 members strong on AR15.com, nothing else strikes more fear!   [X]   [X]

Just my .02 doggie snacks worth!

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#28]
My point, which Hatebreed seems to have missed completely, is that you never know where those sorts of confrontations can go and how fast they can go there.  Running out with a can of mace to confront those guys would be just butt stupid.  He says that 'they would have either complied or rushed you', like those were the only two ways that situation could go.  Hatebreed, you don't seem to have a grasp of how the criminal justice and civil tort claims systems work (or don't work) in this country.  The scenario I wrote out is very possible in this situation.  I suppose you could comfort yourself with the fact that you stood up to the big bad taco throwers while you were playing house with Bubba in prison, but the smart money is to do what Greg3 did.  Take off the engineer boots, unroll the cigarette pack from your T-shirt sleeve and try to use your head a little.

And you'd mace the guy with the gun and take it away from him, would you?  You must be a highly trained special-operations type, or maybe a mall ninja supervisor.  Please let us know when you try that little stunt.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I never suggested that he get out and let them [i]know[/i] he had mace and "confront" them. I simply stated a palm concealed can of mace might help someone to comply should they attempt to assault you while you politely asked them not to trash your property.
Secondly, if you let the little fu**ker get back into the vehicle and get his firearm, and/ or draw a firearm from concealment before you have him maced and beat down then you might be in some serious trouble. That's assuming your dumb enough to let that happen.
I never suggested that I was highly trained, that was your projection, not my statement. If you chose to mock me with petty mall ninja/special ops sarcasm, that's your business. You'll be the one getting splattered with bean burritos' thrown by overgrown punk 17 year old kids, not me. I already commended his actions, stating that he knew best and that I was not there. You cannot seem to let it go at that, but would choose to promote being a small time victim instead. Sounds like your the one in trouble at the mall,(where all the tough 17 year olds hang out) not me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I would suggest that you order the AR15.com t-shirt and wear it when you go out.  With almost 10,000 members strong on AR15.com, nothing else strikes more fear!   [X]   [X]

Just my .02 doggie snacks worth!

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
View Quote

I am getting one of the AR15.com shirts as soon as I get the extra $25.00. I had it but had to order a takedown pin and field kit from B.M. yesterday. Parts before clothes.  But I am getting one ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Greg3 - better to stay out of trouble and keep your guns.

Hatebreed and Nighthawk - I didn't say don't try to retaliate if you have the time - I said stay out of trouble.
View Quote

Translate: Don't get caught!!

They have to park that car of theirs somewhere....
View Quote

Translate: Go by and fill it up with gas for them!

LMAO!
Lynn [pistol]
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#32]
You did the right thing Ranger...........as hard as it may have been.

You are the real man in this scenario but that does not make it any easier.

I was walking into a Hell-Mart once with my 6 year old son and this car of blacks came cruisin through with their music real loud.

Now.....the loud music was not the prob.......i did and still do that sometimes myself, not in parking lots byt you know what I mean.

The problem was that their music was very vulgar and again, very loud and it was obvious that their intent was to insult, offend and annoy people.

The song was saying "Take a load off man....take a Mother F*cking load off......take a load off....take a Mother F*cking load off man.......over and over and over.

It just pizzed me off to have to have my son subjected to this crap all because some assholes wanted to show how big and bad they were.

It was all I could do not to have a confrontation with those punks.

Again, you did the right thing.

Had you done something you would have been branded as the bad guy.

I can't stand anyone who introduces their race before they introduce their face.

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 10:22:25 AM EDT
[#33]
X-Kill, know how you feel man...

A few months back I was over  at a friends house and his neighbor has a couple gang banger sons who was cranking up the vulgar music past 11 pm, which was waking up my friends new born child. My friend is the non-confrontational type so he really doesn't want to deal with it. I tell my friend that I'll go have a talk with the "kids", he warns me that he has seen them with guns. OK, I think this might get ugly but I'm packing my Springfield TRP and feeling "no-fear" at this point. So I go and have a talk to them, being "cool" and not being aggressive about it, I tell them my friend just had a kid and their "mega-bass" is waking up the baby and could the please turn it down or take the party on the road? Of course what I really felt like saying was "Turn the shit off before I kill you". But being cool worked in this situation and they left and was even friendly about. Of course my friend still had the occasional problem with them but moved shortly after so it was no longer my problem.

Link Posted: 5/21/2001 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm with you X--Kill! I wish someone made some sort of EMP device for loud gang banger stereo's

Point and click................

(them)[):)][:)>]
$hit! man da snoop is on the D.L........What b happing dog? $hit the B*tch just quit!

(you).......[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top