Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2001 7:51:07 AM EDT
Hey I am new to Portland, sort of, lived here until '81 and now i'm back,  were are the good gun shops, and shooting ranges?  Your help is appreciated.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#1]
For good gun shops... there aren't any. There are however, some guns to be had at NW Armory, The Gun Broker (2, count 'em, 2 locations), Keith's in Gresham, and, well, that's about it. For a goof, check out The Gun Room in SE.
Kesselring's up North of Seattle is the only one I've heard good about.
For ranges, there are several 100-200 yd facilities. For longer yardages, try Tri County or Douglas Ridge.
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, Keith's Sporting Goods is probably the best gunshop in the area. I bought a P226 there for $550 a couple of years ago.  NW Armory in Milwaukee used to be pretty good also but I havn't been there for over a year.

For ranges, try the Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood([url]www.trgc.org[/url]).  It's AR friendly and holds a Practial Rifle competition on every second Saturday of the month([url]www.practicalrifle.com[/url].

On the east side, try the Douglas Ridge Rifle Club on Estacada Hwy.

Spambo
Link Posted: 5/21/2001 7:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Good guys guns is not too bad a place to go, but it is in Salem (on Silverton road I think).  Their prices are generally competitive, but Keith's on Victory is still probably the best.  He used to sell those Elcan scopes for $650, and no sales tax in Oregon....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top