Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2001 4:13:53 AM EDT
a buddy of mine is fairly new to the AR, but lst nite he got all worked up about slammin the butt of his rifle on the ground and the bolt carrier cycling a little bit. Hes afraid now that if he does this by accident, that its going to discharge and blow his head off. What are the chances of this actually happening? I realize theres always a chance of AD when striking the butt of any gun hard enough, but these are battlefield rifles. Arent they supposed to take the rigors and abuse of combat and still be safe for the operator? [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I know guys that all have a empty chamber indicator in the M16s at work. Even on patrol.
I asked why they had that silly thing in their actions and they told me that on the dirt roads they hit lots of bumps and their action would cycle. YIKES!!!!!
Not a good thing. On patrol I carry my G41 in half lode mode. When needed I can cycle a round fairly readily.
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#2]
not likely, think about it, when your gun cycles a new round the hit is a lot harded. It even makes a small ding in your primer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top