Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2001 6:44:26 AM EDT
Here’s a quote from mediaresearch.org.  He said it to Bill O'Rielly last night.

“I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things."
-Dan Rather

I’m sure Mr. Rather considers himself “an honest person” but that doesn’t prevent him from lying to us about guns.
Feel free to pass this around
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
What an upstanding American, I`m sure that quote is taken out of context, but he`s a plick anyhow
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#2]
As I recall, they were talking about Bill Clinton.  O'Reilly asked Dan if he considered Clinton an honest man or something like that.  Rather funnny to me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Pastor Spomer:
Here’s a quote from mediaresearch.org.  He said it to Bill O'Rielly last night.

“I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things."
-Dan Rather

I’m sure Mr. Rather considers himself “an honest person” but that doesn’t prevent him from lying to us about guns.
Feel free to pass this around
View Quote

honest lying person....kinda like Jumbo Shrimp....or .22 magnum...

It's a sad thing that most Americans believe this and probably agree with this statement
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I`m sure that quote is taken out of context, but he`s a plick anyhow
View Quote

Nope. The quote is correct, and not out of context.

IMHO, there is NO context in which that quote could be a good statement of a persons moral beliefs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw that episode too and that's exactly what rather said. As I recall, Rather and Clinton were big on swapping spit in the shower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top