Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 11:20:39 PM EDT
And I live in a nice part of Stockton, gated community no less.

I was layin in bed about to go to sleep and heard 3 slow gun shots not far away.

Sounded like a .357 magnum.

I jumped out of bed and went for my Mossberg M-590A1 and un-locked it from it's case.

I usually keep my H&K USP .45 for home defense but I had it un-loaded since the other day I took my cousin shooting and in CA ya can't drive with a loaded gun in the car. I threw my range bag in my closet and didn't touch my USP.

I had some S&B 00 Buckshot laying on my dresser (got a box of it and was playing with them since they are clear and it's sorta neat to look at, lol)

Loaded up my Mossberg and called 911

Quick call too... she said she got 20 other calls in the same area and more are coming in.

Just heard some sirens.

Guess this is a lesson to always expect the worst. I was not ready, I did get my gear ready pretty fast, but still took me time. Some reason I'm very calm in situations like this. My heart was beating.. but my head was clear. One time my friend and I were watching TV and we heard some shots fired. he jumped up knocking over everything in his path running to his room and grabbed his Beretta 92FS Inox and ran into his front yard.... ::shakes head::

I made sure all my doors were locked and turned off my lights.

I'm gonna sleep tonight with my Mossy loaded on the floor next to me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
you were not ready cause you were spakin the frank
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
[:D]

I hear shots from time to time also..I usually grab my M1A and step out on the balcony (2nd floor) looking to see if I can get a good long range shot in....so far...nada
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#4]
When I hear shots in my neck of the woods,
I grab my gun and ask if I can come over
and shoot too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
sleep with one eye open.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
the FRANK eye!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm guilty of not being prepared sometimes as well.  Of course that's always when something like that happens.

It's a very cool feeling after it's all over and you realize that you did things right and didn't panic in the least.  Alert, aware, and got yourself ready,.. without fear.  I'll bet it felt automated.  It does for me.

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#8]
totally different around here. shots go off at night alot but its poachers not potential targets.[:(!]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Same here, in NE PA I hear shots after dark quite frequently, poachers or hunters(fox,coon).
Occasionally my neighbor runs off some automatic fire while target shooting, have to go and introduce myself sometime. Damn the country life!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 1:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]
47:

LOL!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 1:47:30 AM EDT
[#11]
47:

that USP is one nice piece of work. I wish I had one.

Long story short: I was in a similar situation many years ago in Oakland, California. I had the front site of my M14 on the chest of a drug dealer who had a stainless-steel, Smith & Wesson 686 revolver pointed directly at the chest of another fine, young, gentleman.

After he yelled: "Im gonna kill you mothaf*cker",..I started to take the slack up on the trigger. I figured I could EASILY, take him out, and save the life of the person he wanted to kill.
And at the last second,..THANK GOD I DIDNT! I came to my senses.

Instead, I put the rifle down and called 911.

Then I just stood back and waited for the cavalry to arrive. Turned out that dope-dealer #1 and #2 got back into a yellow pinto and fled into the darkness of night like bats from the bell tower. They left dope dealer #3 glad that he lived to see another day.

moral of the story: CALL 911!!!!!!

Dont take the world on alone. if you should ever happen to actually use those bullets,..many years from now, youll be walking inside a court room with grim faced "jurors" who will decide the rest of your life. Many of which "hate" guns. If they dont see things the way you saw them, way-back-when,...your gone up the river. Forever.

and theres nothing you can do about it. They have terminated your life.

..And look what happened when you called???.. the dispatcher said she had gotton 20 other calls. SEE!!!!

If you have to blow some POS away,..you want it to be the absolute, LAST, thing you had to do. Anything less might mean that they will nail you to the cross.

You want to at least call 911 and give the authorities the chance to take down this Filth. If for some reason the predator should be be closing distance between him & you? then Oh--well!

you did what you had to do.

you have to exhaust your options in order to convince all the bleeding-heart "soccor moms" on your jury who will decide whether you go free, or whether they crucify you to the cross?

ive got some Sellier&Bellot 12 gauge also. Only with mine, only the face of the cartidge is "clear" plastic. Love em.

My own personal opinion is that you did great!! but unfortunately, most in this communist-occupied State oppose me and my views.

MH.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top