Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 11:09:33 PM EDT
Whether its the right-to-carry movement or right-to-carry reform, 9 states are currently in trouble. Update from those 9 states at the "stop light" icon at:
http://www.NationalCCW.com
or
http://www.homestead.com/njccw/nationalccw.html
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had it in the peoples republic of hawaii
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
There is only 1 CCW held in HI.  I think it belongs to the sister of a police chief.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]
National, A little help here....

Some of us (ME) are lazy.....

'For the kids'...

PLEASE put  [ u r l ] RIGHT BEFORE your address and [ / u r l ] RIGHT AFTER and it will turn your URL into a LINK....

THANK YOU........
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I preferred it better in West Virginia when it was open carry.  I just wore my Beretta on my side and it was perfectly legal everywhere except state and federal property.

I went evrywhere in it and never once was asked to leave a store or shop.  Now I see Walmart has a sign saying concealed carry handguns are allowed but please keep them concealed.  They never said anything on my weekly trips before CCW passed.

Many advocates say CCW deters crime.  I think open, visible carry prevents people from becoming a victim.  Criminals may be less likely to mess with someone because the firearm is visible.  I stopped a loud mouth and three of his friends from starting a fight with another patron in an all night restaurant by unsnapping my thumbstrap on my Beretta 92.  Didn't have to say a word.  Didn't even give  adirty look.

They just stopped being arrogant bad asses and one of them said something like " come on man let's get out of here." If I had been carrying concealed I would have had to draw and therefore brandish my weapon to get the same effect and then law enforcement gets me for brandishing.

Just my preference I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top