Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 7:56:13 PM EDT
I'm sure they do, but I got to thinking about this today when heard a commercial on the radio from a cell phone manufacturer about [i]Resonsible and Safe[/i] use of cell phones while driving. This has become a hot topic all over the country in metro areas but no where more, I'm sure, than here in wacky California. News articles and reports, of people getting injured and killed in car accidents because someone was using a cell phone and not paying attention to their driving, are becoming more and more frequent. Yet one never hears a reporter say the cell phone killed a person, just how careless the driver was using it. [b]WE[/b] know the same logic should apply to firearms, but it doesn't if you listen to the anti crowd. Think the cell phone industry isn't watching these lawsuits against gun manufacturers to see how it turns out. If people think they can get money fron the gun industry, think how many millions someone can get from Ericson, Motorola, et al, once a court decides they can be held accountable for the criminal or negligent use of their product by a careless uninsured person. And the same thing could happen to the auto and alcohol industries among others.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#2]

I bet the alcohol industry is nervous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top