Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 8:13:19 AM EDT

George Bush has finally done something I cannot support. He has unveiled " Project Safe ," a new bit of "kindler,gentler" anti-gun policy. Primarily, it's a big government spending program, but since it's spending on new district attorneys and policemen and the like I can for the most part accept that. A lot of it goes to expand the ATF and FBI, too, which doesn't exactly make me Mr. Happy Face either; but, as a law abiding citizen, I can accept that too. I'm a reasonable man. I don't have to like every part of every bill to like a President. But the part of "Project Safe" that really brought me up short was this:

"In addition to strict enforcement of existing gun laws, the President supports expanding instant background checks to close the gun show loophole and [i] banning the importation of high-capacity ammunition clips. "[/i]
View Quote

Rest of article here:.
[url]http://www.anotherpundit.com/cgi/viewnews.cgi?newsid990073238,98634,[/url]

Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent website, sir.  Would you consider submissions by other authors?  I've had a couple of essays picked up by KeepandBearArms.com and EnterStageRight.com.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I won't right now, but I definitely will in future. I just don't have time right now to do editing, proofreading, and the like -- it's just a out-of-my-basement operation at this point, and I'll need to reconfigure my archiving & presentation before I can really handle articles by multiple people. Thanks for the positive feedback, though -- which articles of yours have been on keepandbeararms.com? I've prolly read 'em :)
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#3]
KABA published my essay "An Uncomfortable Conclusion" (having to do with the election), and they linked to one I put up on the (late, lamented) Themestream titled "This is a Gun Free Zone!"  EnterStageRight published one titled "A Sterling Example".  

Let me know.  

[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top