Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 6:02:36 PM EDT
I don't plan on using them.  I would just like to put them up for a raint day.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Not legal. (unless you are a class III)
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
beekeeper, I AM NOT A TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't want to get in trouble with the BATF.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
He's a troll.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
If he's a troll, what does that make me? What am I today?  Chopped Liver?  stop ignoring me!  

Now So F
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
When someone is more concerned in getting the most number of post in as little time as possible rather than wanting to learn and digest the free exchange of ideas here, that someone is a troll in my books!

It will not matter whether you can make 1000 post tonight, most of the members here appreciate quality more than quantity of your posts.

Lucky that Ed took down one of your threads, I was already ready to click on and you would not have wanted to read what I wrote.

Grow up Son!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nono.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#9]
It depends on your state constitution. if you have a right to keep and bear arms clause in there, then it is. if not, then it isn't. it depends on the state constitution.
the atf have no authority, and unless your don't have a keep and bear arms clause, your state gov't probably doesn't either.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Libertyof76, you tell the ATF they have no authority as they drag you off.  I don't like them or agree with them, but right now we have to live with it.

Your daddy, you cannot legally even own the full auto parts for a particular rifle if you actually own that type of rifle, even if they are not installed in the gun.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
No.  BATF has ruled that possession of a rifle and even one part that could be used to make said rifle into a machinegun is the same thing as possessing a machinegun.  How the courts let them get away with that ruling, I'm not sure, but that's the way it stands.  Don't do it.  A full-auto AK will not do you any more good on a 'rainy day' than a semi-auto one, except to help you miss faster.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LARRY G:Libertyof76, you tell the ATF they have no authority as they drag you off.  I don't like them or agree with them, but right now we have to live with it.
View Quote

as imbrolio said
Line
Sand
Step Back.

Don't take this too harshly. I just get extremely mad when people obey laws that they know they are wrong. If enough people disobeyed when it started, we wouldn't be where we are now. But, I can't force you or anyone to do anything they don't want to. I'd be willing though to be dragged off, and potentially jailed for life if it meant not following an unconstitutional law. But since I'm not a criminal, nor do I know anyone that could get me a full auto w/o registration, I am SOL. Oh well, guess I'll just have to disobey the smaller laws.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
As I understand it, commoners can legally own full auto parts if they don't own or possess the rifle they go to.

Forget the constitutional issues and deal with the real world.  The real world can put you away for 10 years and 100k for each offence, unless you know something we don't.  RKBA means nothing in the real world.

Don't play with fire, unless you are willing to get burned if you get caught.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#14]
It's rookie time...what's a troll?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#15]
They are jacking you around my daddy. All you have to do is get the parts set and then call the BATF and report that you have an AK and the parts to make it full auto. They will ask you some more questions and fix you right up. Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top