Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/16/2001 2:25:51 PM EDT
I absolutely can't stand bee's.  Seems like the damn things are always coming after me.  No matter who swats at the thing, it always comes back and stings me.  I've been stung at least thirty times now and I'm really getting fed up with them.

What insects drive you nuts or seem to have some kind of personal vendetta against you?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Flys and Sand Fleas...

here in AZ if you shoot during the hot days out in the desert the fuckin' things won't leave you alone. They constantly land on your ears. it drives my ape shit.

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Gnats drive me nuts!! I mow my lawn they swarm me in my ears nose exc.And living by water you can't get rid of them. I can fog my yard and the next day they are back.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]www.trulynolen.com/household/storedpest/indmealmoth.jpg[/img]

I despise indian meal moths.  I found 2 boxes of Bisquick that were infested with the larva and moths everywhere. Once those damn things get in your food storage, you have to pretty much throw away everything that isn't sealed in a heavy plastic bag. They even like chocolate as I found them not only in a box of Sees candy, but in WRAPPED halloween candy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't like those twolegged critters in Washington DC.  They scurry about pissing everybody off.
Real insects- Gnats
Ice
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Mosquitoes!!!

[chainsawkill]

[frag]

[heavy]

[pyro]

[rocket]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
mosquitoes

Indian meal moths can get into what is considered sealed packages.  I found a power bar, half eaten and full of moth larva.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]
You fellas have covered most, the potato bug freaks me out. They just show up going real slow, never a nuisance but just so derned fugly
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#9]
leeches, mosquitoes, and deer flies,  the leeches bug me the most cause u always gott pick the damn things off when i get done shooting carp or fishing. they dont hurt, its just annoying, freaks people out when they see em on ya.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
anything with more than two legs
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]
haha, that reminds me of the first time I came in contact with a deer fly.  Was out hiking with my dad, one landed on my arm.

I was suprised at how colorful it was and told my dad to check it out.  Right about that time the son of a gun bit me.

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a little problem with... crabs.

[:I]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a little problem with... crabs.

[:I]
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Ticks.......I HATE ticks.
Things creep me out,'specialy
when I have to remove a few from
my person.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Beetle grubs that kill my lawn.
Carpenter ants.
All ticks, but especially deer ticks.
Yellow jackets with their sneaky
underground nests.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Here in Florida it would be quicker to name the ones that don't piss you off. Every kind of insect you can think of has found its way here. The worst for me, and it's happened twice in twenty-five years here, is a palmetto bug dancing on my face at two a.m.! Palmetto bug is a nice name for a two inch cockroach. My wife keeps the cleanest house on the street but the little bastards like to come in for water when it's dry out. Not too long ago I found one perched on the bristles of my toothbrush. Man I couldn't stop thinking about that for a month when I brushed my teeth. [:X*]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:09:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate fighting insects from the planet of Klendathu!  It takes too much fire power to take one down and there are too many of them on that planet.  [:(!]

[b]"C'mon you apes, you wanna live forever?" [/b] -Lt. Rasczak of Rasczak's Roughnecks

Seriously, here on Earth, your average fly really bothers me.  They are hard to swat without a flyswatter and they seem to be everywhere.  Bees are more of a nuisance than a problem.  If I just walk away from them, they fly off to something else.  I have never been stung by a bee.  

RoadRunner, I'll give you a call the next time I see a bee since they seem to like you so much!   [:)]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I hate ticks cause when ya find one you itch the rest of the day.
MOSQUITOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down here in the south they get as big as Hueys!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I hate those damn sowbugs. Anybody that's ever split wood that's been on the ground knows what I'm talking about. Cockroaches also bother me -worst part about searching a crack house.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Osprey, I forgot about those no seeums. You must still have woods around you. They've paved everything in sight around my place and we don't have much problem with them anymore. Could be the clouds of mosqueto spray the county lays down once a week too. But when this area was wooded, man those little buggers drove us nuts. Couldn't see them as they bit you no matter how close you looked. Murder on a hot sweaty Florida night.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Fire Ants

Kick over a mound and find out why they are named that way...

Be very glad if they are not in your area.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Well Spiders are my fobia. I can smash just about any outher bug, but Spiders, They really get to me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By California Kid:
Mosquitoes!!!

[chainsawkill]

[frag]

[heavy]

[pyro]

[rocket]
View Quote

Ditto. Holy shit, do those things seem to like my blood! When I lived in the "country" (on 40 acres, in a small (hick) town - i was like the only prep, lol -, and they got into our house, or when I was out side, ONLY ME, no one else in my family would EVER, and I do mean EVER get bit by one of those bitches. I WOULD ALL THE TIME!!!! God I hated it.     Now I live in a town!! lol...

When I was about 7 or so years old, I had gotten a small root-beer from Dariy Queen. I was with my dad, at that time he was a contracter. We were working outside a house, after the foundation was poured a couple days eariler... to get to the point, I had left my root beer outside.

I took a sip of it through the straw. Shit that was a mistake. Turns out that there was some kind of bee in my straw. It got into my mouth, and stung me on the inside of my lip (right across from the gum line). Shit that hurt, and made it swell up pretty big too.

Ever since then, I haven't really liked bee's...
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Noseeums are the worse, but I generally hate anything that keeps flying in my face.  Mosquitoes and black flies don't generally bite me too much, its the damn flying in my face that piss me off the most because no matter what you use (bug spray) it doesn't stop them.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#26]
when we had a US NAVY Base in the Philippines, and we were lucky enough to spend some time there, we would get these goddamned big ass cockroaches that would fly all over the place. these things were as big as birds and would fly off with your San Miguel beer if you didnt watch closely.
i swear you could hear them flapping their insect wings as they buzzed you. nasty, brown fuckin things would crawl out of the sewer and fly everywhere.

pictures? you want pictures?

here:  http://pested.unl.edu/orienroa.jpg
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, it's gotta be mosquitos and horse flies.

I don't mind bees and wasps that much, they're
beneficial insects.  Without bees, there would be no fruits grown or any type of honey made.

Most wasps are 'meateaters' so they take care of the nonbeneficial insects pretty nicely.

You know what insect is the major predator of fireants? Good old American red ants (also known as harvester ants).  Put a cupful of red ants on a fireant mound and watch 'em go to work.

Problem is - all insecticides developed against the fireant work better on red ants.  Kill the red ants and the fireants are home free!

Eric The(natural gardener)Hun
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#28]
all you guys have forgot about the worse one by far...so they tell me..

crabs

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Dan Blather & Tom Brokeoff.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:56:32 PM EDT
[#30]
The Yidfly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, mosquitos have caused me the most grief but Deep Woods Off keeps them away so I guess that the bugs I hate the most are lovebugs. They get all over the windshield and take the paint off the front of the car.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Definitely Deer flies. They land so softly then POWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! Little basturds really let you have it!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Mosquitoes and black flies, I'm sure there's no explanation necessary. Also, gnats - the worst thing about being stationed at Ft Bragg and Ft Stewart were the gnats that would land in your MREs before you had a chance to take a bite, and they'd also get stuck in the bug juice/camo paint mixture we had to slather on our faces, and itch like hell! The big black & white skeeters on Ft Stewart - that could bite you through a MOPP suit - were pretty damn sucky too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#34]
jeff goldblum, as the fly!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Insects that piss you off....
View Quote

women.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#36]
crabs
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Thought of another one....Earwigs I think they're called, don't think they can harm you, but they sure look meaner than shit!  Find them all over the place, bathtub the most.

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I really hate sharing my food with roaches.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Fire Ants

Kick over a mound and find out why they are named that way...

Be very glad if they are not in your area.
View Quote

Ok this is gonna get me in trouble but I have to tell you.

Fire ants are AWESOME!

Here's why:

When I was at basic and had been living with 50 other guys for way too long we went to the obstacle course. The bottle neck was this 20 foot high inverted wall of railroad ties (You know the one where the ties keep getting farther apart as you climb) Well we actually had to stand around and wait for 30 minutes for our turn to go. While waiting with all the girls that were stuck with us, our eyes were wandering. There was this red head sitting off all by her self and she made her uniform look GOOD! All the sudden she leaps up and rips off her shirt and bra as all our jaws hit the ground she starts ripping off her pants and undies as she dances around screaming. Man what a sight. Then the DI's tackle her and find out she is covered with fire ants! She sat on this little mound lol well anyway I will never forget that show and I love fire ants now.

I know I am twisted but under the circumstances it was a great show.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Feinstein, Boxer, Lautenberg, Schumer, McCain, Clinton, Reno, William Daley, Gore, Leiberman, Geo. Miller, I could go on....

Davis, Shelley, Burton, Migden, Polanco, Lockyer, and many more --- all serve no useful purpose,

Oh yeah, and the stupes who voted them in....
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Generally I like insects.....very interesting, more socially adept than us and pretty creative but...................

After popping a ripe mulberry into my mouth yesterday only afterwards to find out that a large green stink bug was on the other side I am no longer a stink bug fan.

I'd rather kiss a mules ass than munch down on another stink bug.

Gives new meaning to the word nasty.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#42]
I love predatory bugs that KILL and EAT other bugs, like wasps, spiders, centipedes, etc. I hate scavenger bugs like earwigs, cockroaches and termites that feed on decaying anything and parasites like mosquitos and black flies. I know they're important to the proper functioning of our ecosystem, but they still suck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I personally hate anything with the capacity to bite or sting me. They ALL MUST DIE. But, one of my buddies hates gnats.

Long time ago when he was riding his 10 speed to school he yawned as he went through a nice swarm.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#44]
thousandleggers...???

Don't know the technical name of them, but they look like little 2" furry tan moustaches scurrying across the floor....

MAN! They give me the creeeeeeeps!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You fellas have covered most, the potato bug freaks me out. They just show up going real slow, never a nuisance but just so derned fugly
View Quote

Yeah, those little guys are freaky as hell. Haven't seen one since I lived in LA, but I remember thinking that is one fugly alien creature.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
thousandleggers...???

Don't know the technical name of them, but they look like little 2" furry tan moustaches scurrying across the floor....

MAN! They give me the creeeeeeeps!!
View Quote

They are centipedes. They are the Marines of the bug world, because they KILL EVERYTHING THEY SEE. They are viscious and ruthless preditors, rejoice in their presence. Either them or the filthy roaches and what not that they feed on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#47]
We've got these crazy "sunspider" things up here in Flag that look like scorpions without tails or claws. When you challenge one of them (they have really good eyesight) they rear up on their back legs and their conical mouths open up into four parts. Nasty little shits.

I spied one crawling on the floor and whacked it with a paper, I was in the middle of watching something interesting on History Channel and told the wife I'd pick it up later and throw it away.

Sure as hell the little bastard flips over after about 10 minutes and trundles off like nothing had happened. I smash the shit outta them now. D.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Redray,I'm with you with those Philipino cockroaches.But these blackflies over here in Maine are alittle bit more a pain.[pistol]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#49]
I tell ya, bugs are OK, but seeing a snake will make me jump out of my skin
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#50]

No contest:
Chiggers on the beanbag.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top