Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2001 1:00:53 PM EDT
[url]www.rumormillnews.net/cgi-bin/config.pl?read=9396
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds similar to what happened before the gulf war when april glasby, U.S. ambassador to iraq, told hussein that the U.S. had no position on his conflict with Kuwait.

It was just a ploy so that bush sr. got to show off what happens to nations opposed to the "new world order".
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm waiting to see if they will touch upon the topic of RADAR in the movie.  

Of course, it would be very interesting if Pearl Harbor had RADAR, and if the RADAR were in operation that morning.  It would be very interesting if they covered the oft repeated story of a RADAR technician going to his supervisor, and the supervisor repeating one of two statements:

1.  It's nothing, just ignore it.
2.  It's a malfunction.

If they go the liberal stance, we might get #2, or a complete and total omittance of the story.  The link above notes much more of the deeper background in regards to the years leading up to that day.  But what of the circumstances of that morning.

While not anywhere near definitive as to the events of that morning, it is of value to note that my great-grandfather was in Hawaii that previous summer.  His experience with a man, Philo T. Farnsworth, one of the inventors of television, had gained him experience in similar electronic devices.  My grandfather has letters, the journal, but moreso, personal conversations and knowledge that his father was in Hawaii for the final installation of components for a RADAR post.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I wanna know if what I've always heard about Adm.'Bull'Halsey and Pearl Harbor is true.

The story goes that when Halsey arrived in Pearl Harbor the evening after the attack in one of the aircraft carriers, he surveyed the destruction along with other officers on the bridge.  He turned to face them and said -

[size=3]
Gentlemen, when this war is over, Japanese will be a language spoken only in Hell!
View Quote
[/size=3]

Is this true or not?  Sounds like Halsey.

Eric The Hun(wants to know)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top