Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2001 10:07:24 PM EDT
His class earns tickets for good behavior and after you collect enough tickets the students get to pick from a bunch of toys the teacher buys for them.

He brought home a toy gun lol.

Sometimes I think I will miss Alaska.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
That would never happen anywhere near me.  Kids can't even take butter knifes to school.  An empty cartrigde will get you suspeneded.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
SWEET!

i've been buying toy guns for my 9 month old boy.  i even have an m-16 w/ the ping-pong ball grenade launcher under mounted.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The other day a kid was handcuffed and expelled for drawing pictures of guns.  Not arrested, they claim.

More horror stories.
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=22787[/url]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was going to be something like a required declaration of parents' firearms or something like that, so they know which kids to keep an eye on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Alright markm... tell me where to get one of those NOW!!!!  My two year old is running around with the garden hose attachment (gun style) screaming "bang-bang".  Help out a deprived child.

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The other day a kid was handcuffed and expelled for drawing pictures of guns.  Not arrested, they claim.
View Quote

Wow, I used to draw guns and erase the mistakes with a 7.62*39 brass that I made into an eraser.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2001 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#8]
i got it at a local surplus store. 'LARADA Surplus' here in MESA, AZ. Here is a pic but since it is on Webshots the photo is pretty small.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/2O/e5/qt/aI91883.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/15/2001 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#10]
The idoits in the schools systems are just the outward signs of the rot that goes on in state sponsored educational facilities.

For those of you with young ones, never let them get their hands on your kids, homeschooling is the way to go. Mine are grown and haven't missed the prison system once (except one daughter who wanted to go, so we let her. Now whe is crying to be released). My son can go to the range anytime he wants, and we are free to travel anytime that we desire. I strongly urge you guys with kids to examine other options than school. They have your son or daughter for 8 or more hours, how much time (quality) do you have with them. Think of the damage that the system can cause.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i got it at a local surplus store. 'LARADA Surplus' here in MESA, AZ. Here is a pic but since it is on Webshots the photo is pretty small.

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/028/2O/e5/qt/aI91883.jpg[/img]

View Quote

Great picture, is that the lil guys flack jacket in the foreground?

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#12]
markm...  THAT IS SOOOOO COOL!!!
Do they have a web-site or maybe a manufactures name or am I going to pay you a markup and shmooze factor to get one?

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ahh MindHunter you do realize that toy guns are prohibited in Canada. Therefore you will have to leave all the ones in your son's posession in Alaska. However..I have plans here somewhere that show you how to turn any plastic gun into a fake upright vacumn cleaner with things you can buy at the local hardware store. Vacumn cleaners are allowed to be transported through Canada and flown through our airspace if you know what I mean? [;)]
View Quote

Hahahaha if they want to dig to the bottom of his toy boxes looking for his toy guns they can sieze them I won't complain.

I have also been warned not to let them know I am LE because the Border/Customs folks treat us like chit, have you heard this?

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#14]
is that the lil guys flack jacket in the foreground?
View Quote

as soon as he can fill it out!
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I love North Dakota. When i was real young the main game we played was WAR. We never heard any adults dissaprove. Who do you think bought the guns for us?
[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
is that the lil guys flack jacket in the foreground?
View Quote

as soon as he can fill it out!

View Quote

Too Kewl!

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#18]
thanks beekeeper!
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Hell YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Right on School.
Never bow down to the liberal "Hide 'em from anything "GUN" mindset.

Right on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#20]
That would absolutley blow my mind if my kid did that.

His 1st grade class also has the ticket/reward system but all he ever brings home is some  piece of crap Mcdonalds Happy meal kiddie toy.

Never any guns or grenades or mortars.

BTW....he also commonly draws pictures of guns on his school work..........Heck he even put on on a mothers day card that he titled "Tough Woman" ......drew a picture of what looked like a thumper from the Nam era.

Ii tell you what ...the day they send him home or cause a rucus becasue he draws guns you guys will all here the shit hit the fan in my neck of the woods cause I'm gonna sling it real real loud!

Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Ahhhhhhh.......toy M-16's....brings back my childhood.

Got 2  toy M203 rifle/gren launchers. 1 on the original card-backing with multi-colored pin-pong "grenades".

Also got a toy CAR-15/M-4 that has 2-position stock
and get this,it got a A-3 upper!!!!!! with detachable carry handle and a scope!!!

Got probaly half a dozen AK's{some with brown plastic furniture!}

In all,with the toy hand guns,shotguns,carbines and rifles,I had porbaly close to 60 toy guns easily{I always hosted the gun battles at my house for the neighbor hood kids}

Some were also heavily modified,i.e. on of my AK's got a grenade launcher built on.Alot got scopes made one toy shotgun  hade the stock removed and replace with a pistol grip along with a homemade forward grip.I was quite the toy gun armor in those days!!!

Sadly,however the years of fighting imaginary VC,chinese,and Russian soldiers along with dispatching many a velciraptor and all kinds of monsters,took there toll on my collection ,so somehave broken triggers and some have broken barrels{this was the biggest problem with the toy AK's}

Some one hand me a tissue,I miss my childhood!!! [:(]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm glad i'm not the only closet toy gun owner. i actually bought these 2 16's before my son was even conceived.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:43:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The few customs people I was on course with were okay people.
View Quote

Thats good to hear, I really don't want problems at the border. Just passin thru lol!

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone looking for an AR15 cap gun? I was cleaning out my closet and found a diecast model cap gun I had bought about 15 years ago! Check it out-->[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=590273410[/url]
It's pretty detailed. I would recommend it for older kids in their teens or as a collectable
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top