Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2001 9:39:09 AM EDT
In Antioch Tennessee the other day a cop was finally arrested after hours of threatening to kill himself. Anyone here in TN hear this story? I caught a little of it on the news as I was about to leave. I heard something about he was upset that his girlfriend, who was also a cop, left him for another cop on the force. This cop was also married with kids. His wife finally talk him into giving up after hours of shooting into the streets. Police had 3 streets blocked off and had people evacuate their homes. I didn't catch all of it so I don't know all the details. I guess this isn't good for all those anti-gun groups who say it's only safe for LEO's to have guns and not your average joe. This just proves my point, most cops suck and are just as dangerous if not more so than criminals. What does everyone else think about this? If you've heard this on the news please give some more details.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It will be interesting to see what they do, if anything, to him. If it were joe citizen, they would have shot him dead I'm sure. This guy will probably get some time off (with pay) and get a little counseling before he's out on the street again. Double standards for the donut eaters.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Gee and I wonder why cops have the us and them mind set?....there are evil doctors in this world (mengelev, kavorkian,etc etc) evil physicists, computer programers,businessmen, evil housewives, bartenenders, politicians, lawyers, evil mechanics,butchers, mailmen,evil professional atheletes..etc..of course there are evil cops..where ever there are people there are going to be evil people and good people and plenty of fence sitters..and those that swing both ways...to demonize cops or to paint them all with the same broad brush..isnt fair..I am a vietnam combat vet..vietnam vets have been painted with that same bullshit brush since 1960..it gets very old..
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#3]
9divdoc
Gee and I wonder why cops have the us and them mind set?....there are evil doctors in this world (mengelev, kavorkian,etc etc) evil physicists, computer programers,businessmen, evil housewives, bartenenders, politicians, lawyers, evil mechanics,butchers, mailmen,evil professional atheletes..etc..of course there are evil cops..where ever there are people there are going to be evil people and good people and plenty of fence sitters..and those that swing both ways...to demonize cops or to paint them all with the same broad brush..isnt fair..I am a vietnam combat vet..vietnam vets have been painted with that same bullshit brush since 1960..it gets very old..  

View Quote

I agree with you 99.99% 9divdoc.  We can thank the spineless politicians for putting unconstitutional laws on the books and appointing corrupt judges to "interpertate" the Constitution to fit their masters desires.

When this country returns to a Constitutional Republic, where ALL citizens enjoy the Creator's liberty and freedom, where Justice is blind and unbound from her captors, and the public servants truley serve the public, then, and only then, will the police be treated to the respect and admiration they justly deserve!

From one former service member to another who served before me, Thank You!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Most cops suck?  And you guys wonder where the 'us vs them' attitude comes from.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Because you ungrateful civilians are always giving the police a hard time, it pushed that cop over the edge. He should be given full paid leave and if not able to return to the force, disability pay for the rest of his life.

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Where was the State Police while this was going on?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The officer in question had been dating a female cop. They broke up and she started dating another Metro Nashville cop. She called her superiors and stated that he was a danger to himself. They took his duty gun as a precaution. He went to the 2nd cops house and the ex-girlfriend was there. He started shooting the place up. The 2 lovebirds hightailed it outta there.

SWAT shows up and the "distraught", the spokesmans word, not mine, starts shooting up the nieghborhood. Plugs a few cop cars with a shotgun taken from one of the responding units cars.

Negotiators talk to him from 3 to 7:30 that evening, meanwhile he's shooting his pistol around the place! If that had been Joe Shmuckatelly that was doing it he would have been well ventilated. But he was merely "distraught". That's okay!

You can find the story http://www.tennessean.com/

Notice how they admit using restraint in dealing with him.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Police piss me off too.  I can't seem to find any cop in my area who isn't a jerk.  Just about all of them lie and they also swear at you for no reason.  They think they can push anyone around and because they have a badge they can have an attitude too.

[pissed]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Baloney! I know 6 cops that are as normal as I am. [:O]

Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Police piss me off too.  I can't seem to find any cop in my area who isn't a jerk.  Just about all of them lie and they also swear at you for no reason.  They think they can push anyone around and because they have a badge they can have an attitude too.

[pissed]
View Quote

What part of NY would that be???
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#11]
JBR, I know what you mean.  I go to school in Boston and all the cops I have run into have all been pretty annoying, stupid, condiscending, except one.  I have never been arrested for anythin.  When I say "run into" I mean asking the officer a question.  You should of seen the crap I dealt with when I asked about a Mass. FID card.  But where I'm from in CT it's not like that at all.  Infact, it's just about the opposite.  I think it has to do with the two very different demographies of my home town in CT, and Boston.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#12]
No such thing as "good cops and bad cops"... only good cops and scrotums with a badge.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Cops are people too. And yeah, exactly what part of NY are we talking about,JBR?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Uhhhh Oh, JBR gonna get swore at and pushed around some more.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]
It used to be aht bad cops were the exception, and good cops the rule.  Now the opposite is true.  If our police and gov't are a reflection of society, what does that say?  I have to say tht  the good cops are becoming fewer, and the 'roided out musclheads are taking over...
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Man, the cops that are all around you guys must be totally different then the ones I work with.  Yes, I do work with some idiots and jerks...but the vast majority of them are good people who think they are no better than anyone else.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
NightHawk
           This happens everyday all over this country but its not news worthy or useful to you unless its a cop. I'm not better than you, I just have to act better than you. BTW who was it you said blocked off the streets and arrested him? Cops? Could'nt be they're worthless. It must have been a big brave civilians just like you. A big mouth always comes in handy for talking. Oh yeah I've heard the B.S. from people like you about how I would'nt be anything without a gun and badge. You idiots should be glad I have it. Its the only thing that keeps me from kicking your asses
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By uncle buck:
NightHawk
           This happens everyday all over this country but its not news worthy or useful to you unless its a cop. I'm not better than you, I just have to act better than you. BTW who was it you said blocked off the streets and arrested him? Cops? Could'nt be they're worthless. It must have been a big brave civilians just like you. A big mouth always comes in handy for talking. Oh yeah I've heard the B.S. from people like you about how I would'nt be anything without a gun and badge. You idiots should be glad I have it. Its the only thing that keeps me from kicking your asses
View Quote

Uncle buck..LOL I assume you got that nick because from years of eating donuts you look like John Candy..LOL Anyhow, you think I have a big mouth and the only thing saving me is that badge huh? Well fatboy anytime you wanna hide that badge in a box of krispy creams and take a swing at this loud mouth citizen then take your best shot. I have about as much respect for worthless cops like you as I do for the corrupt justice system you represent. Ane the only reason he was taken alive is because he was a cop. If it would have been anyone else doing the same thing, some fatass cop with a jelly filled eclaire in his mouth would have pulled the trigger so to show his athority. So blow me PIG. [-!-!-]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#19]
C'mon, NightHawk, why don't you let us know how you REALLY feel? [:)]  Just let it come out, you're among friends here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey fatman, I know I might vent a little on this subject but I don't mean any harm. I just get a little carried away. I've just had a few experiences with bad cops. I know they are not all bad but it seems at times even the good cops take up for the bad ones just because they stick together.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#21]
There goes that mouth again. I guess you call that your insult weapon. You should post a picture of it. BTW eclaires don't come jelly filled.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, this went from a information topic to a real hatred topic real quick. I can understand some peoples distrust with police since they are part of the Government. Its just totally wrong to judge cops as "most" or "all" bad. Where the reality with some of these posts is people who have been stopped by police and given summons or being arrested, leading to people being pissed off and of coarse, "I should't have been given a summons, I did nothing wrong", not mentioning any names(nighthawk aka PERP, Luckydogonfire, Jbr,Slt223).
This just proves the point, it is a "us against them" attitude.
Hey, Nighthawk, go become a cop in a liberal or crime ridden area, see how much fun it is and see how many and how much people HATE you, see how much your appreciated, if looks could kill I would have been dead a long time ago. Do it for 13 years, then place a post on here, I'll be waiting......BIG MOUTH.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Was he using LEO high capacity magazines?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Man wheres all the anger come from.  I have received 4 tickets and deserved all of them.  Some of the cops were nice and some were unfriendly.  But all of them were just doing there jobs.  A cop gives you a ticket for running a stop sign your pissed off.  A guy runs the same stop sign and kills your kids he should get the death penalty.  Its all about prevention and changing behavior.  One story should not label all cops bad.  They will see more shit in 3 years than most of you in a life time.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Speaking as a cop, this joker should be seriously hung out to dry. He was cheating on his wife, couldn't handle a girl leaving him....too unstable for the job. I sacrifice too much to have to deal with trash like that ruining MY reputation with the public JUST BECAUSE he's in the same profession. I hope IA/OPS ROASTS his tail....
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Badge...I don't need no sticking badge!!!  HEHEHEHE...one thing I do find funny at times is why is that everytime I have a prisoner start talking a bunch of shit it's when they know I'm not going to do anything.  I don't know how many times I've been in transport with a prisoner or cuffing one up and as soon as we get driving in the car or they get put in the patrol car and people start flocking out to watch they start talking all the smack.."cmon man I eat white boys like you for breakfast" and my favorite, "take these cuffs and I'll show you what a man I am."  When we get to the jail the cuffs always have to come off but when they do they just keep quiet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top