Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2001 4:47:25 PM EDT
Flying to Provo the week of the 19th on business, will be there the week but the business only lasts Mon, Tue, and Wed.  Never been there before.  Any RKI suggestions on how to fill the rest of the time?
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, it might be a good opportunity to nail down several wives. They're good like that in Provo. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll decline that option, being about 10 months into the seperation/divorce from hell I'm afraid to go to church much less consider matrimony with multiple members of the fairer sex. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Howdy Capt. Vampyre,
I see that you that you are also BOLD Member.
Have a good time on your trip.

Reddobie
BOLD 70
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Wondered if there were any other cross posters.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
As for any night life, there isn't much to do here. I plan on getting out of here when I'm done with school at the end of the year. There are two ranges in the valley, one allows you to shoot rifles and stuff. Kind of a wierd place due to issues I don't want to get into. Pretty mountains and you can go out into the west desert looking for old mines and jack rabbits to shoot. if you have any particular questions feel free to ask.
Jay
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Pop in at Vanwagennens (sp?)Finance (Pawn Shop) on State Street just north of University mall ...
They tend to have pre-bans in there at a good price... some oddball mags once in awhile (anybody looking for a what was it for the Oly 40 upper .. FXN? mag...? the plastic one that would hold the bolt back...)
Ted...
Damn .. now you know where I buy mine at ... uhoh.. there goes the neighbourhood...
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I also highly recommend that you stop in at Gunnies and Elite Arms.  Gunnies is on the same main drag as VanWagenens and Elite Arms is really cool but hard to find since they just moved about 6 months ago.  Hopefully if the new phone books are out their address will be in there.  VanWagenens has a good mix of guns and Elite arms mainly specializes in Assault weapons.  You can also pick up some fresh hot Krispy Kreme  doughnuts on University Parkway.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#8]
There are also a few good shops north of Provo if you get the time and want to explore.  In Salt Lake City you have Gallensons and Dougs.  Dougs has an indoor range.  North of Salt Lake City you have Impact Tactical in Ogden which also specializes in Assault weapons and Class III.  Also in Ogden is the Gift House and Kents.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunatly Elite Arms is out of business.  I would recommend you look into going to Springville to visit Range Master of Utah.  This is the indoor range that will allow rifles, up to .50 BMG.  Trust me, I know what your thinking, but I have shot a .50 there plenty...  Really shakes the building and pretty much clears the range!!! :-)

I'm there everyday during lunch 2-3pm.  Luckly they are my customers and they are my last stop of the delivery day.  In case you haven't figured it out, I'm their UPS driver.

They are also a class 3 dealer and rent out some of their sample stock.  No M-16's, but a MP-5, UMP-40 and HK-33.  Pretty fun, but can get expensive.

I would also recommend Van Waganen's.  The owner is somewhat odd, but he has some of the best prices and stock around.  

Address:

Range Masters of Utah
712 West 1300 North
Springville, Ut
801-491-0909
*I would call for directions.  It is somewhat hard to find, but the city is 3 miles south of Provo.

Van Waganen's
933 S State St.
Orem, UT
801-226-4488

Gunnies
396 S State St.
801-226-7080

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

As for night life, rent or go see a movie.  There's not too much to do as compared to other places I've lived in the US.

As for the multiple wives, I think I've taken the last of the babes... Whatever is left, feel free...haha!!

Enjoy,

fuatos
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
BTW, I've worked at Gunnies for more than 6 years. I guess I'll have to invite you to drop on by. Fun job, but I really need to get done with school and get a real job. The horrors of working at a gunshop! I had a guy get mad at me yesterday. He was wanting to clean his "gun", but was asking how to get his barrel off. I ask him what kind of gun do you have, and he says a Ruger 270. He didn't beleive my explaination on what you'd need to get the barrel off. He left thinking I didn't have a clue. Oh, well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Guys, this came up kinda suddenly and I'm trying to do as much recon as possible in a week.

Vampyre
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Isn't North American Arms out of Provo?

Mike
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, it might be a good opportunity to nail down several wives. They're good like that in Provo. Just a thought.
View Quote

Somebody always beats me to the punchline!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top