Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2001 3:30:58 PM EDT
Talk about late, Wave starts the topic and I'm out doing yard work missing all the fun. I gotta second what Wave said cuz it was ME Dom was yelling at. And the real friction is not his anger (that I can handle). It's the disrespect he showed by yelling at us in front of other shooters abd treating us like idiots. The thing is that I've been shooting there for about 10 years, Dom knows me, the godamned PBA card sticker on his windshield came from me. I always stop, say "Hi" and chat a bit before I shoot. Whoever I shoot with, none of us have ever given Dom a reason to raise his voice over the past 10 years. Hell, a few times we even pointed out the unsafe shooters and idiots to him, george or the lady that used to work there.

I always get the sense that shooting/hunting is an aging sport. They need people like Wave and myself who are frequent visitors. They lose our business and they're done.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That old man sounds as if it is time for him to head out to pasture.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, you're late sherm! What was it like 84 degrees and sunny outside, what were you thinking doing yardwork outside? You need to spend more time inside on the PC on nice days like this, get a life will ya?
[pissed]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Frank, after what happened at Calv the other day I'll go to Jersy to shoot! I would've anyways, but now I really have an excuse. Like you said there is nothing like blasting away be it for competition or just fun. It used to be anything goes out there and now due to insurance constraints and community problems, it just blows. I went out there with 240 rounds of 223. I'd easily blow that off in a day(along with the 12ga and 30-30. I went through two boxes(40 rounds)!

Just let me know where and when to show up! I've got a lot of ammo!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at Wavey, 5 post from senior member. I'm sure your "senior" to me by now.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
oooohhh SENIOR MEMBER STATUS!!!

anyway, looks like we're going to have to visit New Jersey for some shooting action (never thought I'd say that!). Road Trip!!!

Think I may have to leave the Glocks at home, I believe NJ frowns on NYC cops carrying in their state. FrankSquid can you confirm this?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am sorry to hear that because I was going to meet a friend and maybe Waverunner (and you now that i know you shoot there!) out there and we were going to do some BLASTING. 5 second rule $ucks when your shooting a mac90, AK or AR15. As a matter of fact, my pal was just telling me that he was there a few years ago and you could do anything you wanted there.
View Quote

Hey, I'm still going to shoot at Calverton, maybe I'll learn how to do some blackpowder shooting...that ought to comply with the five second rule!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at you, wave, splitting the posts for the #'s. Tsk, tsk,tsk.

WHAT a LOAD of SHIT. NYC cops can't carry in Jersey, and the troopers WILL let them know it, but the courtesy to carry in NY(and C) is extended to Jersey cops.

Hey, the wacky thing about the "1 every 5 rule" is that it doesn't apply to the pistol area? Thankfully, but I don't get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top