Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2001 5:44:15 PM EDT
I was handed a Million Moron March flier today, and after I explained to the nice lady why I was laughing, I noticed that one of the sponsors is the Police Chiefs Association.

"WTF!?!", was my first thought.
Why would a LE organization be supporting a group that is threatening my rights?
Unless......

Yes, I know a few of you fellow board members are in the LE business, so take this for what it is worth.
And, if you can shed some light on why this group is being supported by the Police, I'll listen.

Paul
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a LEO but I think I can answer this one.  The brass in any organization is far removed from the front line.  They have become politicians and no longer represent those who work for them.  Look at any large organization and it is true.  Government, Organized Labor, Large Corporations all have leaders that do not necessarily represent the ideas and opinions of those whom they claim to lead.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It is NOT being supported by POLICE, but rather Police ADMINISTRATORS. This organization has a habit of supporting antigun and other liberal causes.  It is NOT made up of Law Enforcement Professionals, rather Politicians who supervise Law Enforcement Organizations.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Beekeeper:  No flame taken.  Yes, I'm aware of "politics" and what people will do to further their own career.
BTW, a good friend of mine is a CHiP, and has told a few doozies: being "ordered" to attend the Governor's press conference in SF supporting the AW ban!

And, yes, I'm aware that just because the Chief of Police supports gun bans, doesn't mean that the rank & file does.

However, who gets more press exposure, rookie cop being out on the street or the fat Chief sitting behind a desk?

Paul
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is NOT being supported by POLICE, but rather Police ADMINISTRATORS. This organization has a habit of supporting antigun and other liberal causes.  It is NOT made up of Law Enforcement Professionals, rather Politicians who supervise Law Enforcement Organizations.
View Quote

What he said. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you say politicans...
Political correctness is lieing correctley!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Rank and file Officers MAY be a$$holes, admin.'s ALWAYS are, from our perspective.  Most street cops are okay, OTOH I would be queesy being in the same room with the top brass.

Being a LEO, I'd have to say that this is 100% true....
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
And remember don't condem all admin types because of that group either. I started a side business up here teaching CCW for our State permit an brought my Chief on as a partner.

I love the look on 20 student faces when I introduce us and give our bios. They are in shock for the first 30 mins of class. We are both pro constitution and rights with a HEAVY emphasis on firearms and all law abiding peoples right to own and enjoy the same.

I realize that my Chief is the exception and not the rule and it has been a hard decision for me to give up this job and move to Arizona.

I have faith I will hook up with good people and maybe even find a local sheriff somewhere that shares the same beliefs as myself.

BTW my last class is this saturday and I hate the fact that we will not be training together anymore. I hope I can get right into the groove teaching again when I get to Arizona.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Chaz,

You are so out of touch: This is the new millenium.
We don't eat donuts anymore: We eat bagels. [:)]

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#11]
The Association of Chiefs of Police is nothing but a Democommy clone with the same desires and aspirations.  Most Police Chiefs, by nature, are political animals with ambitions for something bigger on the horizon.  Not all, but most.

Years ago, during the winter on 3rd shift, our local donut shop had representation from the city police, county police, university police and state police, all at the same time.  There wasn't any room for the paying customers, even in the parking lot.  Things arent that way anymore though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Chaz

If you want to flame because of do-nuts, what do you hang around when it is break time???The roach coach, canteen, local sports bar???

If you want to know about the bootlicking slime in the Police Chiefs Assoc. then look at your nearest maggot pile, and there you will find the politicians who do knee work in washington to their masters squirming around.

Remember the big photo shoot with Klinton and all of the police and administrators. The rank and file guys were told that if they did not appear for the photo shoot then they would face serious sanctions to include termination. Those bozo's do not speak for the LEO community, they are strickly politicians who are looking for a future feeding trough as they spread their slimy tenacles.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top