Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 12:36:07 PM EDT
I bought a Coastal Gun suppressed upper from Clyde Wilson in Georgia about a month ago.  The Form 3 went through and it was delivered to my FFL Monday.  Now I'm waiting on the Form 4 to clear.  It's torture.  I at least got a chance to look at it up close- very, VERY nice.  Anyone ever fired one of these uppers?  Check Clyde's add out on the NFA board of [url]subguns.com[/url] under "SUPPRESSED UPPERS . . ."

Looks like I'm in hell for the next 60 to 90 days!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard his supressors, but Clyde seems to be a real good guy.  I bought a supressor and a STEn from him about 2years ago, but before the form 3 was done, I traded them off for another piece.  I've heard his stuff is very heavy though - steel construction and built like a tank.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Shaggy,

It is a little weighty, but not too bad.  I don't mind given the obvious toughness that goes along with the weight.

And you are right, Clyde is a great guy.  Check out his add, it has a pic of the upper.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Steve, you gotta keep us updated on it. I was thinking about getting one myself. I printed out his info a couple of weeks ago. I guess I will wait for a range report from you. They are nice looking units from the pics. I thought they would be on the heavy side but what the hey. We are talking fun factor here![:)]

Greg
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Greg,

No problem.  As soon as the Form 4 comes back, I'll post a LENGTHY range report with pics.  And the weight thing really is not that bad.  It's a flat top and feels really good given the short length (13 inches).

I also have a titanium .223 suppressor from STW coming and I'll report on that as well.  From what I hear, those things are awesome.

Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top