Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2001 6:23:52 PM EDT
I was looking at some Western mags online, and was wondering if they're any good? The price seems to good for them to be any good. I need some more mags for my AR and my mini 14.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
thier garbage just like the other after-market crap out there(usa brand  / triple k ect..) I was giving 4 of these for my Sar8. results 2 fit fine / 2 had to be grinded down to lock in / and all 4 are cheap steel which marked up my reciever.  STAY AWAY!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 40s that suck. you have to pull the back pin and break open the upper push the mag lock button and a friend has to pull. crap Ive has good luck with the usa 30s and 40s the only problem Ive had with them is loose fit on the bottom plate but if you take 30 seconds and bend the tabs its fixed
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a few WMP M14 mags and a few Beretta mags from them and all worked fine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll probably stear clear of the western ar mags, but maybe I'll try a couple for my mini 14. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Stick with GI. There is NO SUCH THING as a decent aftermarket mag. Well, Thermolds are OK and Orlites do work, but.....

I like GI. Just bought two NIW 7-packs of 1970 Adventureline 20 rounders for $150/pk. They are out there if you look.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
POS for AR-15, there other mags work ok depending on the weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top